Prutton's Championship predictions...

57 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Honestly don't think people understand just how well we have done getting this team in place..

Just watched the EFL show on Quest and saw Dean Ashton saying the same thing.  That if he just looked at all the league’s squads he would have Wednesday as playoff contenders. Colin Murray quipped that we are only 13 points off playoffs so it’s possible.  

A draw and win in the next 2 games makes it 12 points from the first 7 matches. Seeing as it’s considered you need 2 points a game to be promotion candidates that ain’t too bad,  particularly as we’d have played Watford, Cardiff, Bristol city and Brentford in those opening 7 matches. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

West Yorkshire ? Maybe you should talk to the boundaries commission and tell them Leeds is not in West Yorkshire. Or is it Sheffield is in the wrong boundary and is not in South Yorkshire. End of day who gives a flying.....

Looks like you do judging by this nibble...😆

• Haha 3

On 18/10/2020 at 14:05, Owls-Fan said:

Just watched the EFL show on Quest and saw Dean Ashton saying the same thing.  That if he just looked at all the league’s squads he would have Wednesday as playoff contenders. Colin Murray quipped that we are only 13 points off playoffs so it’s possible.  

A draw and win in the next 2 games makes it 12 points from the first 7 matches. Seeing as it’s considered you need 2 points a game to be promotion candidates that ain’t too bad,  particularly as we’d have played Watford, Cardiff, Bristol city and Brentford in those opening 7 matches. 

And we'd be 2 points better off if it wasn't for the injuries and going down to 10 men against QPR. 

On 18/10/2020 at 14:05, Owls-Fan said:

I saw that and was a bit bemused, to be honest.

The likes of Brentford, Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Stoke, Forest, Bristol City etc. look better-equipped than us, and certainly not the kind of teams we can expect to better by 12 points or more.

I think we've recruited really well for the circumstances we're in on a shoestring budget, but staying up from where we started shouldn't be underestimated. Hopefully we have enough to do so and we can push on from there. Talk of the playoffs is way too premature, though.

Maybe I'm wrong and we actually are a top-six quality squad, but I'm just not seeing it, to be honest. Of course, anything can happen in football, and we won't know how the squad might gel or how the table is going to pan out for a while yet. 

It's only a few days ago I was having to point out to several posters that although our points per game stood at 1.25, which would see us relegated in an average Championship season, a win against Birmingham would see that shoot up to 1.6 points per game, which is much healthier.

Now that we've done that, I find myself counselling calm from another bunch of posters who reckon we might reach the playoffs!

Yes, if we take four points from our next two game that will be fantastic, but that's certainly not a given. If we take one point, then we'll be on track to finish on 47 points, which may well see us relegated.

It's simply too early to start extrapolating our points per game across the whole season.