SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC STATEMENT

If anyone who runs the club reads this for reaction, can I just say thanks - this statement will make me continue to use my IPTV that I’ve already paid £60 to have for a year where I can watch the game and I will encourage others to do the same and I’m sure after this statement they will be willing.

Personally, I am glad the club have come out and said this. Not so much the moral/legal aspect, but that 100% of follow revenue goes to the club. Whilst we would all wish to be at every game in person, we can't and therefore the ifollow is the next best thing for me to watch my team play their matches. Yes, not ideal without atmosphere, but being able to see them play is more important. It has always had me scratching my head when people say "no way, no crowd not same, not watching it" - I mean what do people do when they are at a game? Also, there is the small matter of knowing every game watched is going some way to help the club be in a better position, financially. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

We charge the same as every other club though....stop peddling the myth.

Seriously, all this "WAAAAH our prices are higher than everyone else's WAAAAH", is a load of boilo.cks.....FACT

I’m assuming you haven’t looked at our ticket prices for 4 years?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Happy to pay a tenner now i know it goes to the club, and i'm glad they've clarified that point. But the rest of the statement is ridiculous. Pulling on the heart strings of fans and making folk feel obliged to pay this money whilst lots of people are struggling given reduced wages, or possibly no wages at all. Meanwhile still no refunds and i'm yet to see any Wednesday player take a pay cut. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

It’s not a case of what they are saying. 

It’s the way they are saying it. 

So out of touch. 

This.

They've done quite a bit of positive stuff with their social media and the website, but this is a backward step.

People shouldn't illegally stream, but no need to get on the soap box.