SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC STATEMENT

Well done to the club for pointing out that 100% of the Ifollow money goes to the club

Well done for pointing out that the early season glitch is sorted.

Would be sensible now to make a statement about season ticket refunds.

Must say though I’m amazed how many people have parted with hard earned cash for early bird tickets.

At the time of the offer nobody knew whether we would be relegated by the EFL disciplinary action yet were  prepared to pay high Championship rates. And as for multi year tickets under the current stewardship I’m (almost) lost for words.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Not at all mate. Higher picture quality, replacement up if original source stream gets taken down, plus what feels like every TV channel under the sun and multiple box sets to boot.

Fantastic service and value

Oh, I always thought streams were bottom of the pile, hence being free. I’ve never paid for an illegal stream 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday charge the highest ticket prices in the league don't they?

The answer is no or unknown at worst.

We did at one point have some of highest prices but these have been matched or surpassed by others in recent years. We also at one point had highest price home shirt at £55 (in 2017). 

Discounts on multi year season tickets bring us down price list.

Due to Covid situation prices are currently difficult to determine currently.

It's very reminiscent of when those making CD's started to charge £20 and £25 an album

Everyone switched to Napster and illegal MP3's

The music industry screamed at how it was going to bankrupt them , put them out of business, how bands wouldn't be able to make albums anymore

The price of CD's came straight back down to the lowest prices they'd ever been in the end

Bands still make albums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's very reminiscent of when those making CD's started to charge £20 and £25 an album

Everyone switched to Napster and illegal MP3's

So the price of CD's came straight back down to the lowest prices they'd ever been

Christ. 

Remember paying £20 for a CD in 1999?

It's like they wanted to be run out of business. 

21 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

BOOM!

There is no reason for the club to wait 60 days to pay the refunds, they could have fine it as each refund request came in. They are just using the 60 days as an excuse not to pay until they are forced to. 

• Like 4