SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC STATEMENT

5 hours ago, slow83 said:

Surprises me people are complaining about the quality, on my laptop & tv it’s absolutely perfect!?! 👌🏼 

I had little faith in what I would get when I logged on to the first game, but I’ve been really impressed and not had a problem at all with any of the 9 games last season, or any of them this year. Absolutely spot on, just like any other TV game.

Suggest people check their own kit and connections before blaming the club.

Take ESPN+ as an example, $50 per year for a subscription, 720p, 60fps (iFollow is 25fps which is abysmal for sport), 8Mbps bitrate (iFollow is around 2Mbps at the most), but ESPN+ has Football (multiple leagues in Championship and EFL, Serie A, MLS and others), Basketball, Boxing, Hockey, American Football, Motorsport, Tennis, hell any sport you can possibly think of.

I've had a rethink about all this, and I must admit I was wrong. A tenner for a game is great value.

Not only do we get Wednesday v Birmingham commentary, but we also get full match commentary of the Rotherham AND Barnsley commentary simultaneously. Sure it means we drop out of commentary from St Andrew's for two minutes at a time, but wow, that's the stuff I've always wanted to have updates on every 5 minutes. Genius.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Take ESPN+ as an example, $50 per year for a subscription, 720p, 60fps (iFollow is 25fps which is abysmal for sport), 8Mbps bitrate (iFollow is around 2Mbps at the most), but ESPN+ has Football (multiple leagues in Championship and EFL, Serie A, MLS and others), Basketball, Boxing, Hockey, American Football, Motorsport, Tennis, hell any sport you can possibly think of.

Don’t understand a word you said, maybe get a better tv.

5 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Football clubs are hoping you won't notice that. 

They are trying to draw an equivalence between watching a match on TV and actually buying a ticket to go to a game. It's yet another way that COVID is giving us a glimpse of the planned 'future' of football. 

And the stupidity of the British public. We want everything but we want it for nothing. Always an excuse, always someone’s else fault.

This is absolutely extraordinary.

Wednesday are winning 1-0, and for an entire third of the 6 minutes of injury time, where our box is getting battered, the commentary isn't at St Andrews. Birmingham LITERALLY PUT THE BALL IN OUR NET, and we're not there to hear it. The full time whistle is blown, Sheffield Wednesday have won, and instead I'm hearing about a penalty at Oakwell. We've officially spent more time at Oakwell than we have at St Andrew's during injury time.

Absolute joke that they think they can justify charging £10 for this... reyt glad I didn't! lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, modboy said:

it is

min 4 games a month = 40 quid

Where that might work out good value in the days you could all chip in and get mates around, a tenner to watch a match is a lot for the average fan

Overseas ifollow was 166 euro, even the individual match price is different? I would pay 150 quid without hesitation for a season pass

We get the same service so why the difference in prices?

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 10.35.34.png

So for the privilege of paying up front. 7 months in advance, season ticket holders are now being charged the same as everyone else in this country per game and more per game than overseas supporters. 

Remember, as we are told when season tickets go on sale, that buying a season ticket guarantees us the cheapest price to see all our league home games............

We also have the privilege of being able to put the difference in what is left from our season ticket payments this season towards a season ticket for next season.

Thanks, but I won't be putting an extra £10 in for away games too. 

11 hours ago, vulva said:

Is submitting your accounts late every year morally wrong?

Its certainly not best practice.

I reckon businesses who are struggling for money should start by addressing the fact that they are consistently spending around or above 100% of their income on player wages before coronavirus was a thing. If this wasn't the case then they might not have to try and pull on the heart strings of supporters in a bid to try and make up some of the shortfall, many of whom will also be suffering financial problems of their own.

On 16/10/2020 at 13:21, @owlstalk said:

Here's an idea...

1) Chill out bro

2) Go away, put together all the facts, evidence and information

3) Post it so that you can shut these people up once and for all

Because right now nobody has a single reason to say "ah yeah you're right, I'm wrong"

Waste of time. He keeps saying the same thing. I posted the facts from 2 seasons ago that only two teams in the division were more expensive than us but because it was from 2 seasons ago he made out that this was outdated and apparently all other teams will now have increased prices to our level. Of course no evidence of this was forthcoming. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Waste of time. He keeps saying the same thing. I posted the facts from 2 seasons ago that only two teams in the division were more expensive than us but because it was from 2 seasons ago he made out that this was outdated and apparently all other teams will now have increased prices to our level. Of course no evidence of this was forthcoming. 

Yeah exactly

Makes it impossible to have a proper discussion

Owlstalk Shop

On 16/10/2020 at 14:24, The_Limit_Owl said:

A mate of mine is a Forest fan, he hasn't had his refund yet, they've been given pretty much the same info as we have.

Doesn't make it right, they should be questioning why it has took so long as well.

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, pioowl said:

Your equipment must be useless.My service is EXCELLENT.

Could he borrow yours for the weekend? bit selfish if you didn’t, you could alternate, WAWAW, after all.