Home form......how bad is it?

15 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

16 home games if you include Man City in the cup.

Home record since Christmas is played 16, won 1, drawn 5, lost 10. Scored 8, conceded 27.

And people on here used to blame the fans for it... we haven’t won in the 8 home games since the ground has been empty  

At least it’s finally disproven the ridiculous myth that we are a tough crowd to play in front of. 

• Like 7

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, Jim said:

Bottom line is when does he actually become responsible for this home record? Any other manager would be seriously under pressure now but for some reason this manager gets an easy ride. 

And before someone chucks in the points deduction, it’s not been in place all year plus we were getting some decent home results after the EFL charge was originally brought so you can’t blame all of it on this and that?

I think that he would be under more pressure if fans were in the ground.

There would definitely be rumblings of discontent from the fans with the truly shocking home form. 

The fact we're not allowed in has given Monk a free pass for the time being. 

3 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I think that he would be under more pressure if fans were in the ground.

There would definitely be rumblings of discontent from the fans with the truly shocking home form. 

The fact we're not allowed in has given Monk a free pass for the time being. 

100% this.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

At least it’s finally disproven the ridiculous myth that we are a tough crowd to play in front of. 

The lack of crowds is a killer.

The atmosphere may have been toxic tonight if fans were there but the home crowd would have definitely got behind them after the equaliser.

The picky ref would have got some stick.

If you don’t believe that as a supporter you can influence the outcome of a game you may as well give up.

It’s what football is all about.  

It’s wankwithout fans.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The atmosphere may have been toxic tonight if fans were there but the home crowd would have definitely got behind them after the equaliser.

If you don’t believe that as a supporter you can influence the outcome of a game you may as well give up.

It’s wankwithout fans.

Wilder is an absolutely world leader in pandering to fan ego to manipulate them

I’m pretty sure he’ll deflect the heat from their performances with a ‘we’ve got the best fans, which means we suffer more than most with the closure of grounds...and that’s to blame’

Having said all of that, I do think that you miss a bit of that intensity towards the end of the game when you’re chasing 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s wankwithout fans.

No I agree. But just pointing out how our home form has been shocking under Monk both with crowds and without. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I think first 11 can be.

Add Iorfa Luongo and Brown into that side and I think we take something tonight.

Problem is a few injuries and replacements aren't good enough.

Monk also wanted a fitter squad yet still getting injuries! 

Bosldcoring is a big problem and despite his brave header, Patterson will just create room for someone else..a bit like Dave.

2 hours ago, Night King said:

It’s a pathetic record but let’s not over react. We’ve made some good progress in The early season and got 3 huge games to focus on. 

Over react..!  1 win and 8 points in 15 home games and only 7 goals scored. Worst run of form at Hillsborough for 45 years. If fans had been at Hillsborough the last few months the reactions in the ground would have been much worse and understandable.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Over react..!  1 win and 8 points in 15 home games and only 7 goals scored. Worst run of form at Hillsborough for 45 years. If fans had been at Hillsborough the last few months the reactions in the ground would have been much worse and understandable.

Covid is the only thing keeping Monk in a job. Fact.

• Like 1