Home form......how bad is it?

On 12/10/2020 at 21:26, catdog1121 said:

I mean though all credit to him, he tried his best to get sacked second half of last season which resulted in us being so bad instead of having the 12 point deduction last season meaning nothing we have it this season.  I really am not a fan of Monk and will continue to ridicule him but at the same time I agree were stuck with this muppet now, even if he gets us relegated I think even he could get us out of league one with Chansiri's backing.

Wonder if giving Beattie a shot at the job would be an alternative, he knows Monks people, could be a cheaper alternative?

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion nobody could be worse than Monk.

Even hopeless Bully.

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Be a reyt laugh going to home games at the minute.  Big fat bald blokes swearing pointing and grappling, women screaming, kids crying, birds falling dead from the sky.

:duntmatter:

Fire and Brimstone coming down from the sky!

Rivers and seas boiling!

The dead rising from the grave!

Got these games at home before the New Year

Luton
Bournemouth
Millwall
Stoke
Reading
Barnsley
Boro

You'd hope for what, victories against Luton, Millwall possibly, Stoke, Reading Barnsley and Boro. Can't see us winning 6 games at home though out of this lot. Be 2-3 max

Forget that it was Brentford last night, that was always going to be a tough one, it’s the fact that we just keep doing the same things, week after week. It clearly doesn’t work, it doesn’t even look like it could work, and yet on we plod. 
I know Monk is no great tactician, but come on, surely when something is so obviously not working, you try to change something. If it’s beyond his comprehension, or ability, then get someone in who can change it

Edited by gurujuan

The thing is .. and its tough for a lot to swallow .. a lot of fans, myself included

But this current form, this turgid style, this grinding out games is indicative of what Monk did with Birmingham and under very similar circumstances, refreshed a bloated squad, debts, points deduction etc.

Its all just to get us to safety. We can't expect amazing football and pumping teams week in week out. Monk will just do enough and it's not gonna be pretty.

We're gonna be languishing around mid to bottom table and we have to either accept that or ... well what else can we do apart from moaning about it and want change (then who knows what will happen)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’ve seen it mentioned on Facebook (I know) that it’s exactly a year ago today that we last went in for HT at home ahead.

No idea if it’s true or even been posted already

Yep it's true. 🙄

22nd October 2019 v Stoke, last time been in the lead at half time at home, 1-0.

20 home matches since then.

• Like 1

Our home form is atrocious. Away from home we look decent. If we don't start winning at home, our home form; lack of goals, inability to kill teams off and conceding of late goals could be our undoing this season. Some of the home games this season have been a slight improvement or closer, yet we're still winless. In our situation being still in negative points, we can ill afford to play so negatively at home or to have such a weak home record. Draws will kill us, especially at home, we should go for it more at home and play 4-3-3 or something similar at home and 3-5-2 away from home. 

39 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep it's true. 🙄

22nd October 2019 v Stoke, last time been in the lead at half time at home, 1-0.

20 home matches since then.

That’s also the only time we have led at Hillsborough at HT in Monk’s entire tenure. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Our home form is atrocious. Away from home we look decent. If we don't start winning at home, our home form; lack of goals, inability to kill teams off and conceding of late goals could be our undoing this season. Some of the home games this season have been a slight improvement or closer, yet we're still winless. In our situation being still in negative points, we can ill afford to play so negatively at home or to have such a weak home record. Draws will kill us, especially at home, we should go for it more at home and play 4-3-3 or something similar at home and 3-5-2 away from home. 

Exactly, we cannot afford to rely on away games to pick up the points We are much improved away from home, but hardly sweeping all before us Although it’s not my cup of tea, if you’re gonna recruit players whose attributes are all about how horrible they are to play against, then get in opponents faces Go at sides from the off, test them out by getting in amongst them 

If it doesn’t work, at least you’ve given it a go. Why bring in those type of players and then start of in such a passive fashion It doesn’t make sense

• Like 1

This home record is a stick to beat Monk with. How can it not be? We don’t improve this record quickly, we’re down. Simple as that. 

Interesting that one one or two poor stats when Monk was supposedly conquering all before him are starting to emerge?