Home form......how bad is it?

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Some will go quiet, but some will not rest until he’s gone. 

But you didn’t answer my question..

Dont worry whenever there is another appointment , people will also want that appointment out too. Fans are fickle .

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Our home form is that bad that 99.9 of managers would have been sacked months ago, sadly not us.

Absolutely ludicrous decision to allow Monk to bring his backroom staff, that's going to cost Chansiri a few quid when it comes to paying them off in a couple of months.

I would say the ludicrous decision was him working for nearly a year without them. Managers always bring in their own staff when they are appointed.

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

And what does that say about those folk?

They’ve got strong views, and you can’t change ‘em. Like they won’t change yours. 
I’ll never buy the argument that he was bad at other clubs. Simple. He turned Leeds around. Those in here that say he didn’t are deluded. 
But he needs to sort out the home form. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

They’ve got strong views, and you can’t change ‘em. Like they won’t change yours. 
I’ll never buy the argument that he was bad at other clubs. Simple. He turned Leeds around. Those in here that say he didn’t are deluded. 
But he needs to sort out the home form. 

Fans who rabbit on about Monk's previous history have never once looked into it or read up on it

They've just repeated what they've heard someone else post/say

It's so ridiculous

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was four games this season before they started

FOUR

GAMES

OF 

FOOTBALL

Next time it will probably be two or three

Multiply that by 11 and you’d be correct.

It’s 44 games and the home form during that time is very poor. Then factored in the home run we are currently on this calendar year.

Hopefully it will improve and understandably people have their doubts. 

It does nobody any good deny facts and arguing with posters about how bad they are. Have your faith, have your excuses as to why it’s so abysmal. There’s no evidence it’s getting better. It is just blind faith. Nothing wrong with that. But don’t make out posters to be drama queens when they are stating facts.

Just for the record I’m sick of results and especially the late goals, however I do actually fancy us to improve the next 10 games. Whether it’ll be enough come the end of the season, I’m not so sure though.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Is there such a thing as home/away these days?

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

No advantage either way when you have no fans.

I think there should still be an advantage.

For the players it's playing in familiar surroundings, changing room, facilities etc. A pitch that they know well, how the ball moves, reacts on it.

Then there's the ease of travel, being able to relax before turning up at the ground 90 mins before k. o. Unlike say Brentford in our next home game who will have a long coach trip.

Also didn't some players earlier in year come out and say there's more pressure playing in front of an expectant home crowd. They haven't got that to deal with now.

I would imagine with the lack of goals and wins at home over last 10 months they would now be having to cope with a lot more pressure from the crowd to deliver.

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think there should still be an advantage.

For the players it's playing in familiar surroundings, changing room, facilities etc. A pitch that they know well, how the ball moves, reacts on it.

Then there's the ease of travel, being able to relax before turning up at the ground 90 mins before k. o. Unlike say Brentford in our next home game who will have a long coach trip.

Also didn't some players earlier in year come out and say there's more pressure playing in front of an expectant home crowd. They haven't got that to deal with now.

I would imagine with the lack of goals and wins at home over last 10 months they would now be having to cope with a lot more pressure from the crowd to deliver.

So the home crowd is an advantage to teams when it's there cheering them on?

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We've not played 13 matches this season yet

Monk has managed us badly for way more than 13 games.

I wish we could erase history. We wouldn't be bottom of the league if we could. Nobody wants league 1 football again. Especially after wasting so much much money.

Keep trying to hold back the tide. I don't envy your role, and admire your dedication to a failed cause.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Monk has managed us badly for way more than 13 games.

I wish we could erase history. We wouldn't be bottom of the league if we could. Nobody wants league 1 football again. Especially after wasting so much much money.

Keep trying to hold back the tide. I don't envy your role, and admire your dedication to a failed cause.

I'd rather be supportive of the manager in our most critical season, and after all the changes that were forced upon him than to sit all day posting absolute hate post after hate post all day long every day!

Life's too short to be a negative hater!

Back your manager 'against the tide'. It's harder to do (if you care what anyone else thinks that is - I don't). It's more noble, and it's part of what supporting your club is all about.

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd rather be supportive of the manager in our most critical season, and after all the changes that were forced upon him than to sit all day posting absolute hate post after hate post all day long every day!

Life's too short to be a negative hater!

Back your manager 'against the tide'. It's harder to do (if you care what anyone else thinks that is - I don't). It's more noble, and it's part of what supporting your club is all about.

I support the team not overpaid underachieving Managers. Like I said though, I genuinely admire your dedication to your cause.