Home form......how bad is it?

53 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep it's true. 🙄

22nd October 2019 v Stoke, last time been in the lead at half time at home, 1-0.

20 home matches since then.

Brings back memories of the 1974/75 season all over again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Brings back memories of the 1974/75 season all over again. 

I've just had a look at our Home results for that season and we dint win for 11 games from Dec 74 through to Sep 75 ( 2nd home game of the 75/76 season) .

We have now gone 9 games without winning at Home , Charlton in February, so 2 more winless games and we equal that run.

Unless anyone knows any better I'd say this is as bad as it's been in my living memory , I'm 56 btw !

25 minutes ago, Jim said:

This home record is a stick to beat Monk with. How can it not be? We don’t improve this record quickly, we’re down. Simple as that. 

Interesting that one one or two poor stats when Monk was supposedly conquering all before him are starting to emerge?

We're still bedding in a whole new coaching staff, a brand new squad etc?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

I've just had a look at our Home results for that season and we dint win for 11 games from Dec 74 through to Sep 75 ( 2nd home game of the 75/76 season) .

We have now gone 9 games without winning at Home , Charlton in February, so 2 more winless games and we equal that run.

Unless anyone knows any better I'd say this is as bad as it's been in my living memory , I'm 56 btw !

I know a wins a win and all that but if hadn't been for Fletchers late, late goal against Charlton we would have been adding another 7 games onto that winless home run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

The thing is .. and its tough for a lot to swallow .. a lot of fans, myself included

But this current form, this turgid style, this grinding out games is indicative of what Monk did with Birmingham and under very similar circumstances, refreshed a bloated squad, debts, points deduction etc.

Its all just to get us to safety. We can't expect amazing football and pumping teams week in week out. Monk will just do enough and it's not gonna be pretty.

We're gonna be languishing around mid to bottom table and we have to either accept that or ... well what else can we do apart from moaning about it and want change (then who knows what will happen)

The football isn't the problem, the results are.

The football was bob under Gray, but he delivered the points.

He saved us from certain relegation, whereas under Monk we're going down.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're still bedding in a whole new coaching staff, a brand new squad etc?

I’m not going to argue because there is a case to say that.

Personally I don’t buy into the new players excuse much because he’s still relying on a fair few that were responsible for the failures of last season?

He’s talked about having players available for 40 games or more yet he brings in Brown who has a track record for being injured and lo and behold he’s missed half of our championship games already.

He won’t get a full season out of Luongo. Does he bring in a decent understudy? No he re-signs Pelupessy then picks a young playmaker ahead of him first time he’s missing.

He wants to play 3-5-2. Most of us know we haven’t got the players to play wing-back. Does he go out and get one or two? No. He brings in 2 more centre-backs and re-calls Van Aken.

He also continually picks a keeper who is non-league standard at best. Even opposition players know our keeper is a weak link. We know he is but we all know who doesn’t?

If he keeps us up he’s done a good job. No doubt about that but he doesn’t mean he’s the right man for the long term? I think the current home run tells you everything you need to know about Monk. He doesn’t have a clue on how to get on the front foot and the situation we’re currently in requires us to do this more often than not?

• Like 1

Monk out, for being absolutely clueless, given the midfield away in the past 2 games, absolutely nothing in the centre at all, if Luongo isn't there we have to play 3 in the middle, too stubborn, or maybe stupid, to change anything.