Home form......how bad is it?

2 hours ago, parajack said:

What is the point of adding last seasons stats to this? You must realise you are not comparing like with like?....There was a multitude of factors last year,none of which in my opinion were the managers doing,which conspired to cause the dramatic loss of form..

(ok some tactics questionable, i will give ground there,selections & substitutions can be debated,fair enough....but did they cost us games? or was it something else??)

I refuse to make the case again,its totally pointless  (but fizz it i will!!) 

Some on here with mngt experience have shared their experience's of dealing with alleged toxic influences in the workplace,and the sometimes devastating impact it can have.

I have experienced it myself,and can recognise it when i allegedly  see it....You dont seem to care,ignore monks record pre Xmas, ignore the fact that the side harvested enough points to remain in the Championship as of right, insist its 'all monks fault' no mention whatsoever,of the people on the pitch,(or not!!) being paid astronomical sums of money,to play a game,yes a 'game' of football.

Incapable it seems of even doing the 'basics' allegedly adequately or consistently..

Why is/was that? why were professional Athletes who train weekly allegedly unable to follow instructions? get things so allegedly badly.and so often wrong....Why? Not good enough? allegedly not care enough?...

Monk is left with the rump of that squad,not his players,he is doing his best.....   Stop posting the same old same old......how many times now are you going to 'rehash' the same opinion about our manager?   we get it

Let's just forget it happened so you can make out like everything is rosy in the garden.

Monk has been in charge 44 league game just because for 40 of those games he was awful you don't forget that.

The biggest problem from last season - some fool came out in January and told half the first team squad you would be leaving in the summer, oh yeah that fool, he was called Monk too.

Take last season squad put monk in charge, or bullen. I guarantee with Bullen who I don't rate but he would achieved more points because like it or not, last season awful run was as much the stubborn bloke refusing to play Westwood, Hutch, Fessi and it was the players Monk picked over them not giving a shi t either way.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Let's just forget it happened so you can make out like everything is rosy in the garden.

Monk has been in charge 44 league game just because for 40 of those games he was awful you don't forget that.

The biggest problem from last season - some fool came out in January and told half the first team squad you would be leaving in the summer, oh yeah that fool, he was called Monk too.

Take last season squad put monk in charge, or bullen. I guarantee with Bullen who I don't rate but he would achieved more points because like it or not, last season awful run was as much the stubborn bloke refusing to play Westwood, Hutch, Fessi and it was the players Monk picked over them not giving a shi t either way.

Westwood was dropped for form reasons,FF suspended,injured,and form nothing to shout about,Hutchinson,injured than not played,form nothing to shout about.....these discussions go on and on.....these players were allegedly not doing it when available and picked....

Of course he read them the riot act,at that pint (that too.....point!!) if you want my opinion,i think he was that sick of what he was seeing,he wasnt prepared to put up with it,any longer & if it cost him his job,at least he wouldn't have to....

Guest Therealrealist
10 hours ago, Watto said:

Well considering Chansiri kept hold of both Carlos and Joss long after their sell by date then do t be surprised if Monk is still here at Xmas if the results don't  improve.

Monks goin nowhere..even if we lose every week..we had our chance to get rid for little cost but we didn’t..know all his buddies are here..it wud cost a mint to get rid of them all

18 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Monks goin nowhere..even if we lose every week..we had our chance to get rid for little cost but we didn’t..know all his buddies are here..it wud cost a mint to get rid of them all

I mean though all credit to him, he tried his best to get sacked second half of last season which resulted in us being so bad instead of having the 12 point deduction last season meaning nothing we have it this season.  I really am not a fan of Monk and will continue to ridicule him but at the same time I agree were stuck with this muppet now, even if he gets us relegated I think even he could get us out of league one with Chansiri's backing.

Wonder if giving Beattie a shot at the job would be an alternative, he knows Monks people, could be a cheaper alternative?

21 hours ago, parajack said:

Well you got one 'like' which is 1 more than i would have expected..of course we have 12 games,because monk isnt going anywhere,stop panicking,and wait and see....its the only choice on the table....

Yes, I tend to use Colin as a yardstick because he kept Rotherham in the division, a club in a similar predicament to ourselves.

I guess the task that faced Colinho is pretty much the same as that which faces Monk.

But I agree that Monk isn't going anywhere soon.

• Like 1

Well hopefully this thread won't need to be revisited after 10 pm tonight when we win and it can be consigned to the depths of the Owlstalk basement.

1 win in the last 14 at home. 8 without a win.

Last time scored more than 1 at home, was 2 v Brentford,

7th December 19. 

Which was also the last time we won 2 games in a row home or away.

So the omens mean a win tonight and by scoring more than 1 goal.

Come on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

26th Feb was the last time we won at home in the league . That is utterly unacceptable and the buck stops with Monk. 

Bottom line is when does he actually become responsible for this home record? Any other manager would be seriously under pressure now but for some reason this manager gets an easy ride. 

And before someone chucks in the points deduction, it’s not been in place all year plus we were getting some decent home results after the EFL charge was originally brought so you can’t blame all of it on this and that?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I wanted Monk gone at end of last season, but he wasn't going to be sacked.

He's brought in his own players and his own staff so he's got no more excuses!

He hasn't convinced me yet this season.

While I think we've been better, I'm not convinced by the strikers he's signed.

Like I said 3 more games, if we cant win those then he's definitely got to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I wanted Monk gone at end of last season, but he wasn't going to be sacked.

He's brought in his own players and his own staff so he's got no more excuses!

He hasn't convinced me yet this season.

While I think we've been better, I'm not convinced by the strikers he's signed.

Like I said 3 more games, if we cant win those then he's definitely got to go.

Better than what though, the second half of last season? That’s not difficult, but it won’t be enough. Based on last season’s standings, we need a points total only achieved by clubs in the top half of the table. I don’t think he’s assembled a side that can achieve that, do you?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Night King said:

It’s a pathetic record but let’s not over react. We’ve made some good progress in The early season and got 3 huge games to focus on. 

But how many times have we heard this or similar. Its 1 step forward, 3 back.

Edited by deano

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Better than what though, the second half of last season? That’s not difficult, but it won’t be enough. Based on last season’s standings, we need a points total only achieved by clubs in the top half of the table. I don’t think he’s assembled a side that can achieve that, do you?

I think first 11 can be.

Add Iorfa Luongo and Brown into that side and I think we take something tonight.

Problem is a few injuries and replacements aren't good enough.

Monk also wanted a fitter squad yet still getting injuries! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

Bottom line is when does he actually become responsible for this home record? Any other manager would be seriously under pressure now but for some reason this manager gets an easy ride. 

And before someone chucks in the points deduction, it’s not been in place all year plus we were getting some decent home results after the EFL charge was originally brought so you can’t blame all of it on this and that?

Spot on mate 

• Thanks 1