Loan players we should have kept

By ‘should have kept’, i mean players we should have gone all out to sign.

Also can any one think of players we should have signed, that we let go back without showing any real interest to sign permanently afterwards? 

Names that come to mind for me are Antonio, Sasso, Hector. And that central midfielder we had whilst carlos was here, forget his name. 

Any others? Murphy? 

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Also can any one think of players we should have signed, that we let go back without showing any real interest to sign permanently afterwards? 

Names that come to mind for me are Antonio, Sasso, Hector. And that central midfielder we had whilst carlos was here, forget his name. 

Any others? Murphy? 

We signed Antonio and Sasso permanently...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Any others? Murphy? 

We did buy Antonio, but later let him go for a stupidly low fee. Hector was way out of our price range, as is Murphy probably. 

If only Everton had let us have Barkley on a free...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Any others? Murphy? 

Revisionist garbage ! 

19 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Any others? Murphy? 

Kenwyn jones could have signed for £500,000 but Deadly dave decided against it 18 months later he signed for Sunderland for £8m

We should have signed either Scott Carson or Iain Turner both at the time very good young goalkeepers Carson went on to be an England international and is currently on the book of Manchester City, Turner it didn't work out for him and he spent most of his career in the lower division.

Ben Marshall showed for the next 5 years after we didn't sign him how good he was and was one of the reason why Rhodes scored so many goals at Blackburn.

Lopez, shared the role with hutch in the first season of Carlos and would be head and shoulders above anything we have now.

Venancio - he was solid and very good at marshalling and helping the youth around him to improve, would have save the JVA money and a few quid we have wasted since add to that at mid20's now would probably be worth a few quid too.

There are other but these are the ones tat spring to mind. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnny12Inch said:

Danny Batth and Bartosz Slusarski (not sure on spelling)

Slusarski was nothing special, although he did score a vital goal in that six pointer win at Leicester (whatever happened to them after they got relegated?!)

Batth would have been a very good permanent signing but it wasn't to be.