Bristol City - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Starts with the players. They never turned up 2nd half.

You’re right it does and they’ve shown character in spades this season, so why don’t you support them when things don’t go to plan?

Some on here are just waiting for things to go wrong so they can peddle their anti Monk doom & gloom.

1 minute ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

You’re right it does and they’ve shown character in spades this season, so why don’t you support them when things don’t go to plan?

Some on here are just waiting for things to go wrong so they can peddle their anti Monk doom & gloom.

Like I've said in other posts!

It's the -12 and the shambolic form of the second half of last season that are making fans panic!

• Like 1

I don’t think we played ‘bad’ and we certainly gave 100%. The first half we was pretty solid. It’s the final third, there’s nothing there. The ball doesn’t stick, there’s no dropping in deep or running the channel. Then eventually, it mounts pressure and the defence makes silly errors. Had we had Bristol Citys forwards, we would have won, so it’s fine margins. We’re in dire need of two strikers as I don’t rate either Windass or Kachunga. Also need a plan B, we have one way of playing and teams will fish it out. UTO

Edited by Dylan93

This season we will go down we don't have the seige mentality needed to get out of the mess we are in. Monk is not the right man to give that seige mentality to the team. Look at the second half of last season we were woeful and we will be woeful again this season. We need to get Paul Cook in ASAP we will still go down but we will have a manager who will get us back up. Monk will not. UTO FTB

29 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Idiots on here thinking we should be challenging for t’league😂 Monk’s brought his own backroom team in, new players, we’re in a relegation battle so people need t’lower expectations🙄

With Monk as manager I would say, centre of the earth might not be low enough. Its all the players fault. Or Carlos, or Brexit, maybe covid. Certainly not the manager, of that we can be sure.

I was shocked at our bench today...

We have so much energy in those youngsters yet we have Reach, Pelupessy and Rhodes there.

Baz isn’t what we need in the middle. He doesn’t have the strength needed for the role. He also doesn’t have the strength to take set pieces. If Baz was any good he’d be chased by promotion chasing teams...he never is.

Lees is a hoofer and just about ok in the air. Neither his hoofs or his headers fall to our players.

Reach and Rhodes offer nothing at all now. Windass doesn’t seam to have a clear role...what is he?

Bristol were a good side but there are better sides...

Interesting times ahead

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Always look on the bright side of life. Like Boris, how has that been working out?

21 minutes ago, WAWAW FOREVER said:

This season we will go down we don't have the seige mentality needed to get out of the mess we are in. Monk is not the right man to give that seige mentality to the team. Look at the second half of last season we were woeful and we will be woeful again this season. We need to get Paul Cook in ASAP we will still go down but we will have a manager who will get us back up. Monk will not. UTO FTB

What an absolute pile of crap! Give your head a wobble 

49 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Eh? Paterson will be up front mate! What you been smoking?

Played as a right back/wing back till he joined Cardiff 2&1/2 years ago! Only Colin thought to lay him in midfield or up front. Do we really need to play more defenders or midfielders as striker? Personally I would prefer a natural finisher who can put away chances, rather than trying 3 or 4 attacking midfielders up there. They really all need to do what thay do best.

Monk is a dead man walking. We can't just forget last season. We need to win games quickly or we are going down. The team last season was probably better but monk couldn't man manage it. If we survive this season with monk i will be over the moon, but i cant see monk lasting that long.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Played as a right back/wing back till he joined Cardiff 2&1/2 years ago! Only Colin thought to lay him in midfield or up front. Do we really need to play more defenders or midfielders as striker? Personally I would prefer a natural finisher who can put away chances, rather than trying 3 or 4 attacking midfielders up there. They really all need to do what thay do best.

Can't see us signing him to play at the back. We would all prefer a natural forward but it looks like this is the way we are going. 

19 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Lucas Joao getting close to it...

Watcha Owls, long time no post.

Firstly and most importantly, I hope you're all staying safe in these tough times.

I hope you know by now that gloating is not my style so I am not going to start doing that.

First half, you were certainly the better side, by some margin IMHO but I wonder if Monk made an error at half time as the 2nd half was a different story.

It looked to me that your centre half (not Iorfa) was really struggling with Nahki Wells pace yet he never swapped the defence around. Iorfa impresses me when I see him play and he's clearly lightening quick so could have handled Nahki better than the other fella who could have picked up Chris Martin.

We definitely pushed our wing backs forward after half time but it looked, to me, like your wing backs weren't quite sure what to do. Certainly after the first goal.

Chris Martin is a wiley old pro and has made a real difference to us as has Mawson in defence.

Given that performance, I think you'll have no problem overtaking plenty of teams and I wish you well as you've clearly got a good side yet they seemed a little puzzled during the second half With all possible respect.

I wish you well in your pursuit and have every confidence you'll get there with plenty to spare. If I'm honest, it still puzzles me as to why you were penalised yet Derby weren't, seems very unfair. 

Best of luck for the season, apart from 1 game obviously.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, bobowl said:

Monk is a dead man walking. We can't just forget last season. We need to win games quickly or we are going down. The team last season was probably better but monk couldn't man manage it. If we survive this season with monk i will be over the moon, but i cant see monk lasting that long.

He needs a goalscorer and thought he was going to give Rhodes a fun ...but here we go leaving him out of the starting XI once more..not clever

Edited by victorturner
Typo
  • Like 1

What a shameful performance ! Where was that high pressing that served us so well against Cardiff and Watford ?!

For no reason we changed team that was doing so well, and it came back to bite us.

This one is on Monk alone.

• Like 3