Bristol City - V - Wednesday OMDT

23 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Watcha Owls, long time no post.

Firstly and most importantly, I hope you're all staying safe in these tough times.

I hope you know by now that gloating is not my style so I am not going to start doing that.

First half, you were certainly the better side, by some margin IMHO but I wonder if Monk made an error at half time as the 2nd half was a different story.

It looked to me that your centre half (not Iorfa) was really struggling with Nahki Wells pace yet he never swapped the defence around. Iorfa impresses me when I see him play and he's clearly lightening quick so could have handled Nahki better than the other fella who could have picked up Chris Martin.

We definitely pushed our wing backs forward after half time but it looked, to me, like your wing backs weren't quite sure what to do. Certainly after the first goal.

Chris Martin is a wiley old pro and has made a real difference to us as has Mawson in defence.

Given that performance, I think you'll have no problem overtaking plenty of teams and I wish you well as you've clearly got a good side yet they seemed a little puzzled during the second half With all possible respect.

I wish you well in your pursuit and have every confidence you'll get there with plenty to spare. If I'm honest, it still puzzles me as to why you were penalised yet Derby weren't, seems very unfair. 

Best of luck for the season, apart from 1 game obviously.

Cheers pal, one of the more sensible posts on here today!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Lucas Joao getting close to it...

Always looked good in patches to be fair, but never went up to the next level of consistency with us. When we sold him we needed the money and I thought we'd done well, but would definitely be getting game time now, but from the start of every game? If he does the business for Reading, good luck to him. Lets hope our next striker is one that can get closer to 20 a season though. I think we need somebody that can do that.

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Can't see us signing him to play at the back. We would all prefer a natural forward but it looks like this is the way we are going. 

Wing back though? If he has loads of energy that is something we could do with on the wings. I dont really mind how hard a striker works, as long as they score enough goals. He could cause a few problems up there but we need goals and wing backs can cut in and shoot, as Harries has shown. The only good converted striker I can remember playing consistently for us was Warhurst, but his reaction time was so fast. Let's see how many CP plays and how well he does, I am more than happy to be wrong about him. I am really holding out for a natural finisher and then I cannot imagine CP keeping out Windass, Kachunga and Rhodes  for the other front spot unless he is something really special.

51 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Watcha Owls, long time no post.

Firstly and most importantly, I hope you're all staying safe in these tough times.

I hope you know by now that gloating is not my style so I am not going to start doing that.

First half, you were certainly the better side, by some margin IMHO but I wonder if Monk made an error at half time as the 2nd half was a different story.

It looked to me that your centre half (not Iorfa) was really struggling with Nahki Wells pace yet he never swapped the defence around. Iorfa impresses me when I see him play and he's clearly lightening quick so could have handled Nahki better than the other fella who could have picked up Chris Martin.

We definitely pushed our wing backs forward after half time but it looked, to me, like your wing backs weren't quite sure what to do. Certainly after the first goal.

Chris Martin is a wiley old pro and has made a real difference to us as has Mawson in defence.

Given that performance, I think you'll have no problem overtaking plenty of teams and I wish you well as you've clearly got a good side yet they seemed a little puzzled during the second half With all possible respect.

I wish you well in your pursuit and have every confidence you'll get there with plenty to spare. If I'm honest, it still puzzles me as to why you were penalised yet Derby weren't, seems very unfair. 

Best of luck for the season, apart from 1 game obviously.

Cheers, good post.

We only matched you 1st half because we worked harder and ran out of steam 2nd half when you pushed into the middle more and fed your wide men. Your players worked much harder to find space 2nd half and we ran out of energy in a few vital areas. Our midfielders and wingbacks reacted way too late and the cental defenders got swamped by runners coming through the middle. Bashiru came on to add a bit of backbone to the team but we were already losing by then. Reach and Bashiru should have come on much earlier, but whether we could have hung on then, who knows. 

We desperately need a goal scorer. You have several. That was the difference today. 

• Like 2

We're not gonna win all matches this season, away to Bristol City who will probably be play offs contenders is not the fixture where I expect to come away with 3 points, a draw could've been nice. But by the sounds of things we made some poor choices in 2nd half, ran out of steam, didn't take our chances or are still missing one to take our chances!

It's a marathon this season, let's see if we get back to winning ways next match and cut our deficit to -5 then!

4 hours ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

We’ve had a poor 25 mins for the first time this season and getting comments like this

Hardly. We've generally been poor to average so far this season, Cardiff aside where we got lucky.

We are shockingly goal shy, and have relegation written all over us.

We have the same Manager who delivered some of the worst performances in our history last season, and has a record worse than sacked gardner Jos.

Wake up and smell the coffee. We are an awful Championship side and need changes quick.

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hardly. We've generally been poor to average so far this season, Cardiff aside where we got lucky.

We are shockingly goal shy, and have relegation written all over us.

We have the same Manager who delivered some of the worst performances in our history last season, and has a record worse than sacked gardner Jos.

Wake up and smell the coffee. We are an awful Championship side and need changes quick.

We lack individual quality to constantly create chances playing 11 VS 11. We need to be agressive and into their faces and provoke mistake in final 3'th of the pitch. We did it in our first two games and reaped reward. We tried to out play City, gave them time on the ball and paid for it. 

1 hour ago, malek said:

We lack individual quality to constantly create chances playing 11 VS 11. We need to be agressive and into their faces and provoke mistake in final 3'th of the pitch. We did it in our first two games and reaped reward. We tried to out play City, gave them time on the ball and paid for it. 

Weren’t we highest away scorers last season ? 

20 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

City are likely going to be in the playoffs this year. Very frustrating to still not move closer to positive points but let's have some patience.

Agree with that, October has some must win games if we are to get out of the this mess..  If we are not in the black points wise by the end of October then we are in real trouble..

6 hours ago, Dylan93 said:

I don’t think we played ‘bad’ and we certainly gave 100%. The first half we was pretty solid. It’s the final third, there’s nothing there. The ball doesn’t stick, there’s no dropping in deep or running the channel. Then eventually, it mounts pressure and the defence makes silly errors. Had we had Bristol Citys forwards, we would have won, so it’s fine margins. We’re in dire need of two strikers as I don’t rate either Windass or Kachunga. Also need a plan B, we have one way of playing and teams will fish it out. UTO

Rhodes is the striker at the club..he needs to play or he should have been moved on or given away ...he  is a distraction otherwise

• Like 1