Bristol City - V - Wednesday OMDT

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

But Monk's picked him.

Van Aken was bombed out on loan because he was rubbish. For some bizarre reason Monk has decided he should come straight back into the team and start ahead of Boerner. 

Borner - who was crap the other night?

Only saw last 10 of first half and all the second half so can’t comment if we played well prior to that. However the hour I saw was shambolic. 

No focal point up top and a refusal to bring on a striker until 6 minutes left seemed a poor decision, ones that remind me of last season.

Poor in possession all over the pitch, shape wasn’t the best and heads did seem to go down when conceded.

We appear like a team without a plan. Cardiff and Watford we had similar halves too. 

Upgrade on fullbacks needed if finances allow and at least one striker.

This isn’t in retaliation to a loss. It’s been clear for months.  

Fantastic opportunity missed today to close the gap on those above us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Wow the so far quiet anti Monk brigade are delirious today aren’t they! 

So much for trying to stick together and having a siege mentality 

He wasn't good enough last season, and he won't be this season.

Jos has a better record than him and got sacked. That's how bad Monk is.

His backers will get this club relegated. He has to go first thing Monday morning.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

And some think Monk should be given time!

We’ve got a two week international break after the game against Millwall on the 7th of November, 11 games in to the season and just before the mental Xmas schedule. Monk should surely have a target for the first 10 games to allow us to make a change in that two week break if needed... he probably won’t, but he should have

Guest Bulgaria

We must be the only team that's trailing in injury time that still defends. I can't even remember a time where we got in their area in the last 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He wasn't good enough last season, and he won't be this season.

Jos has a better record than him and got sacked. That's how bad Monk is.

His backers will get this club relegated. He has to go first thing Monday morning.

Absolutely spot on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Wow the so far quiet anti Monk brigade are delirious today aren’t they! 

So much for trying to stick together and having a siege mentality 

You can't have a seige mentality after a 2nd half like that. I'm not expecting us to be brilliant at all, but we must be hard to beat at the bare minimum.

We are collectively dull and bog standard all over the pitch.

We give away more dopey free kicks than any other team that I’ve seen ... and the opposition know it.

Our ball retention is tragic.

Our substitutions defy logic.

Other than those observations I think that we are doing very well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

We are collectively dull and bog standard all over the pitch.

We give away more dopey free kicks than any other team that I’ve seen ... and the opposition know it.

Our ball retention is tragic.

Our substitutions defy logic.

Other than those observations I think that we are doing very well.

About sums us up to be fair.

Good play from us first half, but with us putting in twice as much effort as them it was only going one way second half unless we started to create and finish a couple of goal scoring opportunities. They countered our tactics well 2nd half, worked harder to find space, overpowered and outnumbered us to score and wasted lots of time to get their breath back.

I like all the running around we do, but somebody like Rhodes, who doesn't run around too much, needs to just be given the job of getting into the box and putting the ball in the net. We have a few other decent finshers, but Izzy is not a finisher, neither is Bannan, or Harries and if those three players are not providing chances for the finishers, like today, then we are going to struggle. For my money, Reach should start and Harries should be on the bench. Speed on the ball, is what Harries is all about, not getting the most or second most assists in a season, that is where Reach is way more effective. Hopefully Paterson will be more effective than Palmer on the right, but we really need another finisher\target man in my opinion. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

The starting line up was correct. However, Monk has no plan be. It’s gonna be three at the back all season regardless of how we are doing.  He should have gone at the end of last season.

He wasn’t helped by abysmal performances from van Aken, Palmer, Lees, Windass and Luongo. Dawson is also crap.

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

We’ve got a two week international break after the game against Millwall on the 7th of November, 11 games in to the season and just before the mental Xmas schedule. Monk should surely have a target for the first 10 games to allow us to make a change in that two week break if needed... he probably won’t, but he should have

This is a reasonable and rational argument.

However

-12, If we don't get 16ish points from the fist 10 games, we are going to be in trouble!

It's how long you give Monk if results become poor and it looks like a lost situation!

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Good play from us first half, but with us putting in twice as much effort as them it was only going one way second half unless we started to create and finish a couple of goal scoring opportunities. They countered our tactics well 2nd half, worked harder to find space, overpowered and outnumbered us to score and wasted lots of time to get their breath back.

I like all the running around we do, but somebody like Rhodes, who doesn't run around too much, needs to just be given the job of getting into the box and putting the ball in the net. We have a few other decent finshers, but Izzy is not a finisher, neither is Bannan, or Harries and if those three players are not providing chances for the finishers, like today, then we are going to struggle. For my money, Reach should start and Harries should be on the bench. Speed on the ball, is what Harries is all about, not getting the most or second most assists in a season, that is where Reach is way more effective. Hopefully Paterson will be more effective than Palmer on the right, but we really need another finisher\target man in my opinion. 

Eh? Paterson will be up front mate! What you been smoking?

We had them contained well.

However opposing teams have this very annoying knack of responding, and changing their approach.

The momentum of the game was clearly swinging back into City’s favour, yet Monk himself failed to respond in kind. Then the inevitable happened. They scored and it was game over.

Just like last season, Monk has no plan b, hence why he can never change things up when the game is running away from us. Very very poor.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Eh? Paterson will be up front mate! What you been smoking?

The same stuff as our players in the dressing room at HT.