Bristol City - V - Wednesday OMDT

Nakhi Wells absolutely destroyed Van Aken. 

Lees can't pass to one of our players. 

I thought a comfortable first half then

Brizzles manager completely outsmarted Monk for the second half. 

The club bolton who on an alarming decline could well be us before long. I just dont see where this side is going the team at best is bottom 6 without a points deduction . The system we play 352 wont get us goals . We are crying out for decent full backs and a wide player . Wont matter who is up front unless this is addressed.  Harris is not a footballer he is hopeless and should be dropped but problem nobody at the club .

6 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Monk can't legislate for van Aken being an absolute frickin liability...

But Monk's picked him.

Van Aken was bombed out on loan because he was rubbish. For some bizarre reason Monk has decided he should come straight back into the team and start ahead of Boerner. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Set back today, we should have pressed home our advantage whilst we were bossing the first half. 

However, hold our nerve, no point flouncing around like a bunch of fannies. Move on to the next one.

Hold our nerve for what? We’re sleepwalking into relegation and it’s important we act fast, the last 12 months under this manager have been horrific, we have no backbone and no plan B.

That’s been the case for what must be about 50 games now under Monk and this idea that we need to give Monk some sort of ‘chance’ after all that time is perverse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps this will show that the squad is still desperate for improvements and they need bringing in before the window closes. Paterson along will not be enough. 

Probably watched that and though stuff it, sooner sit on Cardiff's bench throughout the winter - probably preferable to sit in the frost with no kegs on than play for us.

Wonder if we will get the line "there's nothing imminent"? Btw I'd prefer Mick Mccarthy. It's not being negative. It's realising the Monk's points return may return to last season's. That coupled with the minus 12 concerned me. Do something good DC, for a ruddy change, and get us looking like we can pick this deficit up and move on!!! For me every manager he has brought in, at the end of the day, has been a disaster. Go get a non disaster!!! Bad standards in this match today. Not good enough. 

Edited by basegreenowl

I was impressed with how tenacious and fit we were, especially for the first 50 mins but that only gets us so far. The lack of match winning quality that we have relied on previously from Forestieri, Joao, Murphy, Fletcher et al is really missing. 

Lots of good running but no threat 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Bristol were terrible but they won.

That's the main concern, first half they were absolute garbage...a decent / average side would have been 2 up at HT we had a few chances but really, kin ell...we are in some big bobarŕrr.

Hope for a 'one of them things' scenario but i won't hold me breath.

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

It's the attitude that has f**ked me off more than anything that reaction to going a goal behind was pathetic.

Think the stats show that we have the worst record in the division for getting anything out of a game when we go behind. At times in the 2nd half we didn't even bother trying to win aerial battles, just left it for them. Captain Bannan was very quiet & we barely put two passes together.

We are such a confidence based team that past form suggests a run of defeats now. 

We are also such a confidence based supporter base which swings from positivity to negativity at the drop of a hat.

I'll have a word with myself

• Thanks 1