Rhodes - The goals will come

Guest domSWFC

47 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

A strong Watford side kept us pretty quiet today, but you can see Rhodes looks much fitter and sharper than ever during his time here. 

He chased everything and has bought into the high press, defending from the front style we are implementing. 

Typical of the old Rhodes, even on a quiet game he popped up in the box and very nearly got a goal, from Brown's freekick. 

When he was subbed off, he didn't look disheartened like he has in the past. All the coaching staff high fived him and acknowledged his contribution and work ethic. 

A run of games in this side and I think he'll be like a new signing. 

It's not his natural game to be a workaholic, he is a goal poacher, our new style does not suite him, how long before people realise he's not for us, 2 plus years earning a fortune with little to no return, he's been very fortunate at Hillsborough. 

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Can’t remember one decent cross from open play today

Harris summed it up in the second half when free in the left he spooned the cross into the kop 

The Palmer cross near the end was a peach, Izzy should have done better

Edited by jerseyowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Now is the time to keep him in that 11, give him a proper 10/15 starts and then let’s judge him 

I suspect if Zohore comes in, and I think he will , that Rhodes will be on bench duty 

For the cost and the potential of coming good again, would say he has and is doing enough to warrant a place in the side. Would love him to keep it up and get a little run of goals.