Rhodes - The goals will come

Guest domSWFC

A strong Watford side kept us pretty quiet today, but you can see Rhodes looks much fitter and sharper than ever during his time here. 

He chased everything and has bought into the high press, defending from the front style we are implementing. 

Typical of the old Rhodes, even on a quiet game he popped up in the box and very nearly got a goal, from Brown's freekick. 

When he was subbed off, he didn't look disheartened like he has in the past. All the coaching staff high fived him and acknowledged his contribution and work ethic. 

A run of games in this side and I think he'll be like a new signing. 

IMO we really should be thinking about playing Reach on the left to ensure some decent supply for Rhodes and Windass.

I don’t mind Harris on the right given his defensive capability, but we really need a bit of creativity from wide to ensure the forwards get more than one or two good crosses a game

• Like 4

Now is the time to keep him in that 11, give him a proper 10/15 starts and then let’s judge him 

I suspect if Zohore comes in, and I think he will , that Rhodes will be on bench duty 

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

you do know we’ve scored 2 in 2 in the league and 4 in 3 overall don’t you? We currently have a GD of +2 in the league which would put us third barring the points deduction....no need to panic. 

Yes I know, but I'm looking at the bigger picture an injury or god forbid Rhodes should suddenly have a goal drought we don't have much to fall back on.

• Like 1

I thought it was Rhodes who hit the post, and if it was he really should have scored. But saying that, if he had, and we'd have gone on to win, as a fanbase we'd be buzzing. Give him a run. Let him work with the new coaches and let's see. I get the false dawns, and I would struggle to give him a 6 for today, but I'm very happy with the whole team today, and delighted with the start. 

15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yes I know, but I'm looking at the bigger picture an injury or god forbid Rhodes should suddenly have a goal drought we don't have much to fall back on.

on the bright side.......

windass as scored 2 and kachunga scores mid week...surely them goals count? 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

Goes without saying that we all want Rhodes to do well.  I was encouraged by his goal last week - classic fox in the box scrappy tie poke.  The Jordan Rhodes of old.  Will he get back to being the player he once was? Probably not, but the current style of play gives him the best chance of scoring on a regular basis since he has been at Wednesday.

• Like 1