Rhodes - The goals will come

Guest domSWFC

Just now, shandypants said:

He’s yesterday’s man Trev. He might know the job but nine goals in fours seasons isn’t good enough. 

maybe not . shandy . but sadly we have very little else  if we had i wouldn't be advocating him mate  , can't see us getting anywhere with who he has playing at present 

20 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He’s yesterday’s man Trev. He might know the job but nine goals in fours seasons isn’t good enough. 

He may not be the striker we want him to be but as things stand he is the only one who is capable of playing the position. It's not just about scoring goals. Against Walsall we were useless until he came on. changed the shape and we created chances. Against Cardiff it worked well and he took his chance. Against Watford we were better when he was on the pitch than after he was subbed off. 

Monk's record of making effective substitutions aren't great and waiting until 5 minutes from time when losing the game to bring on a recognised striker didn't work.

2 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

maybe not . shandy . but sadly we have very little else  if we had i wouldn't be advocating him mate  , can't see us getting anywhere with who he has playing at present 

Many would argue that I’m being deliberately deceitful Trev but I honestly want Rhodes to do well. I would love Rhodes to bang in the goals and prove me and the other dissenters wrong - I’d even be satisfied if he didn’t score but played well but he’s doing neither and hasn’t done so since he joined. I feel like giving him a good shake and telling him to stop being a fvvcking wuss. 

We’ve had far worse forwards than Rhodes but I can’t think of any with his proven quality that have just capitulated like he has. He used to fvvcking cane is whenever he came to Hillsborough but now he looks like he’s in a rut and just going through the motions and that’s just fvvcking criminal. He’s arguably the least aggressive player that I’ve seen play for us. The only thing he seems intent on doing is throwing himself on the floor in an attempt to win a foul whenever an opposition player goes near him. 

He’s appears to have lost his scoring touch, his anticipation and his will to win.