Rhodes - The goals will come

Guest domSWFC

2 hours ago, debram said:

It's not his natural game to be a workaholic, he is a goal poacher, our new style does not suite him, how long before people realise he's not for us, 2 plus years earning a fortune with little to no return, he's been very fortunate at Hillsborough. 

Agree with your assessment mate, Rhodes just isn't going to deliver at SWFC for whatever reason. Week after week and game after game we try to analyse and justify why it's not working for him or us and never come to a conclusion. In my opinion he's had enough opportunities to justify his selection and hasn't done so. Sometimes it's best to accept for all concerned that a parting of the ways is inevitable. I genuinely hope I am wrong and he proves to be a real asset to us but I'm not convinced.

• Like 1

Perhaps a mobile target man will bring out the best in Rhodes, personally I think he has done okay in the 2 league games, definitely better than what he has showed in the majority of games since he’s been here. Was a big lack of creativity in the side today which obviously doesn’t help Rhodes game. 

4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Without doing the whole ‘needs crosses thing’ ... he does really need some supply from wide areas in this formation.  

This ^ with the way we play we can’t rely on Brown to create something every game and we need the wing backs to create situations which means getting the ball into the box regularly.  Something Harris in particular isn’t good at

so I feel we need a better wing back 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

This ^ with the way we play we can’t rely on Brown to create something every game and we need the wing backs to create situations which means getting the ball into the box regularly.  Something Harris in particular isn’t good at

agree with that, personally I don’t think Harris is good enough and we need to replace him. Does that Wolves player Sanderson play in that position? 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

agree with that, personally I don’t think Harris is good enough and we need to replace him. Does that Wolves player Sanderson play in that position? 

Think he’s more of a defender.  

Murphy in that right wing back role would create more than Harris if we could get him back on loan

Or hopefully we can find someone else to do a good job there 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Without doing the whole ‘needs crosses thing’ ... he does really need some supply from wide areas in this formation.  

Yes. This would help all our attacking players. The quality from Harries wasn't there today. A pull back from Harries could easily have put Brown in first half and better balls into the box from either wing would have made a big difference today. Unfortunately the Watford defenders were a match for Harries and Penney and I thought that Reach should have been put on, on the left much sooner. He was our best attacking threat in the midweek game, going so close with the free kick, making the keeper save, having two shots blocked, hitting the bar and providing a quick assist for the winner, I think he is in a different class to Penney and Harries and hopefully coming back to the form that saw him make a clean sweep of all the player of the year awards a couple of seasons back. Another classy winger on the right and a classy goalscorer up front and we could be one of those teams nobody wants to play against. Watford looked pedstrian against us 1st half today and we should have gone in at half time at least 1 goal up.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Penney was worse than Harris. Can’t cross at all

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Rhodes

Even Lees said he hit the post in his interview. Accept you are wrong! It happens to even the best of us.  Lol

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

IMO we really should be thinking about playing Reach on the left to ensure some decent supply for Rhodes and Windass.

I don’t mind Harris on the right given his defensive capability, but we really need a bit of creativity from wide to ensure the forwards get more than one or two good crosses a game

The problem with reach though , is he’s really really crap 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
55 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

Did you actually watch the game

You obviously didn’t. Penney is not good enough...yet. He’s got good energy and he CAN whip a good ball in like against Walsall. However, every ball in today hit the first man. Very poor which is why he was replaced, Monk even suggested as much.

Harris also wasn’t exactly great going forward but he saved us twice after the two Dawson saves as they would have been easy tap ins. I guarantee, Penney wouldn’t have been there. Not aware enough.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You obviously didn’t. Penney is not good enough...yet. He’s got good energy and he CAN whip a good ball in like against Walsall. However, every ball in today hit the first man. Very poor which is why he was replaced, Monk even suggested as much.

Harris also wasn’t exactly great going forward but he saved us twice after the two Dawson saves as they would have been easy tap ins. I guarantee, Penney wouldn’t have been there. Not aware enough.

just so you know youre replying to someone close to Penney (used to be called slogboy) who only praises Penney and outright criticises everyone else on the pitch 

fwiw I agree with you. In the two leagues games he’s played this season I think he looks out of his depth. Has a decent touch on the ball but gets taken out of the game by the opposites far too easily

reminds me of lavery, some raw talent but lacks guile and not quite good enough at this level