Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You have a pint of water

You ask @Lime Tree Heros if he has MORE water now the taps been running or if he simply still has a pint of water now.

LimeTreeHeros complain that answering 'no' implies that he now has LESS water

lol

Take the pee all you want.

If you can't see that not being more confident implies you are less confident then I guess we'll have to agree to differ.

Neil’s partisan poll:

more confident?

yes ❌

no ❌

the real world poll:

more confident?

yes ❌

no ❌

unsure of one’s state in such unprecedented ambivalence ✅

GIVE US THE POLL WE DESERVE!

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have to say of all the threads on Owlstalk in all the years we've been running this is the most utterly bizarre reaction to a simple yes/no question EVER

Sadly, too many out there wanting to spread unnecessary doom and gloom and also wanting us to fail.

I will never get that. WAWAW. UTO

10 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Take the pee all you want.

If you can't see that not being more confident implies you are less confident then I guess we'll have to agree to differ.

I'm no fan of trying to gauge an opinion after a single league game, but what you're saying is patently wrong.

Answering 'no' to the question: 'Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?' doesn't imply that you're less confident whatsoever; it simply indicates that your confidence levels haven't increased.

My confidence levels for the season ahead haven't changed, therefore my answer to the question was 'no'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Well, reading this thread is 20 minutes I'll never get back. 

he can take your minutes, but Neil will never take your freedom.

bin fascism. 

4 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Not more is the same or less.

So - for example - you have five cars

You don't sell or lose a car. The next day you still have five cars

Someone comes along to you the next day and asks you how many cars you still have

You have no more cars than you had

You don't have four cars, or three cars, or two cars, and you don't have one car, or no cars.

You also don't have six or  seven cars now

You still have five cars.

Five cars

You have no more cars than you had the last day

So.......

Please explain to me how 'not more' is in any way 'less'

I'm dying to hear this one...

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm no fan of trying to gauge an opinion after a single league game, but what you're saying is patently wrong.

Answering 'no' to the question: 'Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?' doesn't imply that you're less confident whatsoever; it simply indicates that your confidence levels haven't increased.

My confidence levels for the season ahead haven't changed, therefore my answer to the question was 'no'.

It is technically correct but you can understand why some people feel the lack of nuance in the options was purposely done to encourage a certain response.

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

It is technically correct but you can understand why some people feel the lack of nuance in the options was purposely done to encourage a certain response.

WHAT 'certain response' exactly????

Come on...

Explain exactly what you think is going on here

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Yes.

Signings made are what we needed.

We haven't broken the bank to bring players in.

Age of the squad has been brought down.

We could potentially now have 'saleable assets' on our books.

The squad looks much more unified.

Players are playing with confidence.

Shape of the team looks better.

Trouble makers gone (nearly).

We won 3 games with 3 clean sheets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Not more is the same or less.

then the poll must have 2 questions!

are you more confident?

yes ❌

no ✅

AND

are you less confident?

yes❌
no ✅

To ask only one is open to misinterpretation, and supportive of Neil’s fascist regime.

..and that is before you even broach the subject of whether it’s too early to even FORM an opinion - which it would be, in MY opinion poll.

Manager is just a manager. Give a manager a bunch of crocks who have never achieved much, they will struggle. Give a manager a squad who are fit, strong and in form and the game is easy. 

We have released some disgraceful players. We have acquired some different ones. On that basis alone I can only be more optimistic, albeit I would bite the hand of a Covid infested bat for 4th bottom this season.