Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

What this vote proves is that whatever the numbers, those who are anti-Monk are generally far more vocal than than those who are pro

I voted yes, I would have voted yes before a ball was kicked as I believe the team has the quality to finish in a position essentially +12 above relegation

There are those that disagree, I get their reasons but not always the methods in which they put their point across

Edited by Chris Apolon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, A12owl said:

Oh don't do that. I can't go through all this again. 

I'm a dribbling tin hatted idiot without a brain.

The nurse won't let me out again on Saturday and I'll have to take my medication. 🤪

I might make it a DAILY thing - just in case anyone changes their minds

lol

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you usually enjoy Christmas?

YES
NO

(wilyfox gets confused by the simple questions and says 'it's too early to say so I'm not voting yet')

lol

Hold on, this is a new question.... I voted YES to the poll, now I have to vote NO to a Christmas question. Now I feel in no man's land. 

• Haha 1

The poll is a load of rubbish tbh!

After beating Cardiff and drawing with Watford without conceding would give fans more confidence.

What the poll doesn't do is ask how much more confidence.

If you've gone from 0% confidence to 1% confidence then you've got more confidence!

Having watched the games, I’d say, there is definitely an improvement in the way we go about things, but no dramatic improvement in results. Because the bar was set so low, certainly in that post Christmas period, and because of the 12 point deduction, a slight improvement in the way we play will not be enough. It’s a a start that shows a bit of promise, but nothing as yet, to make me feel confident about the season ahead. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The poll is a load of rubbish tbh!

After beating Cardiff and drawing with Watford without conceding would give fans more confidence.

What the poll doesn't do is ask how much more confidence.

If you've gone from 0% confidence to 1% confidence then you've got more confidence!

Confident was the wrong word IMO.

The first two games made me more optimistic and more hopeful. They did not make me feel more confident. I suspect many who answered yes in the poll were actually feeling the same. No right minded person could forget the second half of last season after a couple of games in this one and feel more confident.......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Having watched the games, I’d say, there is definitely an improvement in the way we go about things, but no dramatic improvement in results. Because the bar was set so low, certainly in that post Christmas period, and because of the 12 point deduction, a slight improvement in the way we play will not be enough. It’s a a start that shows a bit of promise, but nothing as yet, to make me feel confident about the season ahead. 

If this poll was done 2 games after football returned from lockdown I would have said I had more confidence in Monk at that point, we picked up 4 points from 2 games against sides in and around the top 6 and were much better organised.

That proved to be misplaced confidence as we picked up only 4 points from the next 7 matches. Can only hope that there is more substance to it this time around, the amount of chances we don't create in open play is alarming and the apparent higher intensity we are supposed to play with due to having more 'hungry' players has not been evident in any second half performance to date. 

Lost interest with monk in charge early this year, we're just so dull to watch.

Could quickly get worse with a poor system with poor wingbacks, no wingers, no crosses, no decent strikers, no goal threat.

Would try reach lwb, harris rwb and hope we get a half decent striker if theres any chance of staying up, or if still poor 4411 with reach LM and windass in hole, but have zero faith in monk to deliver, he'll be lower leagues after us imo

• Like 3