Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

Hi Wilyfox, 
Thanks for the night out the other night  where we went in those three pubs in Whitby. Did you have a nice time and a good night out?

YES
NO

Wilyfox answers 'Too early to say if I enjoyed that night out in those three pubs we went in mate. I'm only really able to decide if I enjoyed that night out in those three pubs by going in every other pub in the country'

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

Are you sure this will reflect the opinions you are seeking?

Eg I am not more confident but that’s because I was pretty confident beforehand, I imagine much more than the average, so my expectations probably haven’t been exceeded...

It's too early to comment on this point mate

I'd need to read every other post ever made on this site before I could decide whether or not to read yours

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi Wilyfox, 
Thanks for the night out the other night  where we went in those three pubs in Whitby. Did you have a nice time and a good night out?

YES
NO

Wilyfox answers 'Too early to say if I enjoyed that night out in those three pubs we went in mate. I'm only really able to decide if I enjoyed that night out in those three pubs by going in every other pub in the country'

hey wilyfox,

those 3 wives you slept with including mine, did you enjoy any of them?

Neil insane angry madman

bet there’d be a 3rd option for that poll.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Of all the obvious answers to expect to this simple question THIS was the most obviously expected of them all

Of course it is. You’d have been better running the poll after the first 6 league games. I know you want me to vote yes now and admit I was wrong all along. It’s still very early days but it has been a solid start to the season that I can’t argue with. If we can get 4 or 5 points from the next 3 league games then I’ll be impressed?

• Like 1

I hope I can help wily out a little here. I think the significant word in the question is 'more', as in, are you more confident than you were previously, after the first 3 games. 

I don't think Neil is asking for a show of supreme confidence in the rest of the season, just are we MORE confident after these 3 games.

Hence the yes or no option. 

So, errrrrr.........yes.

I’ve been forced to vote NO by Owlstalks dictatorial lack of choice. If he’d included an alternative to a straight Yes or No, such as Too early to say I would have ticked that one. In most customer surveys they give several options between poor and excellent. Black v white approach rarely ever works. 

• Like 2

I felt reasonably confident before a ball was kicked. I could not see us being the equivalent of only 12 points better than the relegated teams.  However following the games so far it’s clear the team spirit is better, the players are playing for each other the impact of the coaching team is obvious. All we need now is for the appeal to result in a withdrawal of the points deduction or at worst a reduction 

Definitely going in the right direction

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’ve been forced to vote NO by Owlstalks dictatorial lack of choice. If he’d included an alternative to a straight Yes or No, such as Too early to say I would have ticked that one. In most customer surveys they give several options between poor and excellent. Black v white approach rarely ever works. 

It really is a simple yes/no answer

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

With Wednesday we can't be confident of avoiding relegation even if we're 3rd at Christmas lol

^^^ This.   If the EFL knew what they were doing, that Rochdale game could have been a league game.

Far too early to judge, but I've watched us play at Leicester Walsall Cardiff and Rochdale now and been impressed, especially the last 2 games, where we put out 22 different players who seemed to know what they were doing.

After 62 years going to Hillsborough, I know the wheels drop off as soon as we get going, but Monk could win me over yet.   Hoping so.  

10 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

I hope I can help wily out a little here. I think the significant word in the question is 'more', as in, are you more confident than you were previously, after the first 3 games. 

I don't think Neil is asking for a show of supreme confidence in the rest of the season, just are we MORE confident after these 3 games.

Hence the yes or no option. 

So, errrrrr.........yes.

EXACTLY

Those who have issue with this vote are either really really REALLY thick in which case I dont' want them participating as it would be unfair to include their votes if they don't understand a simple yes/no question

OR

They are insecure with their life and just want to feel a bit important by trying to force a third past to the answer which in this case is not applicable in any way

The question is so simple

Do you feel more confident after the last three games

It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to say 'it's too early to say'  - you either DO feel more confident or you DON'T feel more confidence

It simply cannot be possible to be too early to say if the last three games has given you more confidence or not - IMPOSSIBLE

Hence the available answers/options in this poll

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Voting isn’t mandatory, If you didn’t agree with either option you could have chosen not to vote.

• Like 2

I'm openly not confident in Monk, so I've had to vote no. One league win and two games against lower league opposition just isn't enough evidence of a turnaround.

But there are certainly grounds for cautious optimism, I don't think we'd have been unbeaten in those games had they been played in March (and yes I know we wouldn't have been playing early cup rounds in March, but you know what I mean!)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hey Wilyfox
You know your last three holidays? Did you enjoy those three holidays you went on? Did you have a good  time and enjoy those three holidays you went on?

YES
NO

(Wilyfox says  'Too early to say mate. I  need to go on 30 more holidays before I can decide if I had a nice time or not on the three holidays I have been on'

Neil gets on the plane at Manchester and the plane doesn't crash and kill everybody at take off.

"This is the best holiday ever, I'm right and you're wrong" 

• Haha 3

Lower league Walsall & Rochdale in Cup

Cardiff City - a team in apparant turmoil after the NM-L situation...

It's nice that we've won those games, but not particularly made me feel anymore confident about this season tbh....

See what happens on Sat against Watford, and the 2 following games (Fulham in Cup & Brizzle City).....

Just imagine IF we beat Watford & Brizzle, and get to -3, and the likes of Wycombe, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Boro, Coventry are still struggling to get points.

It is possible that by the first weekend in October we could already out of the bottom 3.

I would be a lot more confident at that point..

Edited by Hedwig