Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Reminds me DC 's vote for really expensive ticket prices or poo football.

Well done Neil.

🤣

Is Geoff okay

simple yes/no will do.

14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Sorry Neil but you are wrong with a "simple" yes/no vote. 

The third option is that we feel neither more confident nor less confident. Ie our views havn't changed. 

If you included a "not changed" option you would have covered all possibilities. 

As a matter of interest, I'm a "not changed" voter. 

WE could have a poll asking : Is Neil right to have a poll after 3 games. 

Answers... Yes

No

Undecided 

And BTW, I'm not thick. 

He knows this full well. The option isn't there because he doesn't want you to vote for it.

It's just another stage in this wierd PR campaign hes running for Monk. 

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

He knows this full well. The option isn't there because he doesn't want you to vote for it.

It's just another stage in this wierd PR campaign hes running for Monk. 

Nope

It's a simple yes / no answer because a third option IS NOT POSSIBLE

It's simply IMPOSSIBLE to not either have more confidence or to have more confidence

You can literally ONLY either have more confidence after three games or NOT have more confidence after three games

There's absolutely literally completely and totally NO WAY that you can come up with anything other than a yes/no response to that

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

WE could have a poll asking : Is Neil right to have a poll after 3 games. 

Answers... Yes

No

Undecided 

And BTW, I'm not thick. 

You could have that yes 

But that's totally and completely different to asking someone if they feel MORE confident after an event

What you're asking is simply 'is it right' to do something

Not even in the same ballpark

So when you say you're not thick.....

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Neil gets on the plane at Manchester and the plane doesn't crash and kill everybody at take off.

"This is the best holiday ever, I'm right and you're wrong" 

Did Neil just get on the plane?

YES
NO

Wilyfox says 'It's too early to tell mate. I'd have to watch every other human on the planet getting onto a plane before I could decide if Neil got on HIS plane'

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

It's a simple yes / no answer because a third option IS NOT POSSIBLE

It's simply IMPOSSIBLE to not either have more confidence or to have more confidence

You can literally ONLY either have more confidence after three games or NOT have more confidence after three games

There's absolutely literally completely and totally NO WAY that you can come up with anything other than a yes/no response to that

The point is you have structured the question in such as way as to try and artificially inflate the yes vote. It's a virtually meaningless question as it stands.

• Like 1

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but I am more optimistic about the season then I was this time last week.
Still think our lack of depth will be a problem as time goes on and still don't think we have enough goals in us.
But at moment players do seem organised and spirited which is already an upgrade from end of last season.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Owlstalkers,

conform to my poll. Kneel before Neil little conformists.

Neil

xxx

DID YOU ACTUALLY VOTE IN THIS POLL MATE?

YES
NO

Wilyfox says 'Its too early to tell you mate. I'd have to vote in every other poll in the future before I would be able to decide if I'd voted in this one or not'

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

The point is you have structured the question in such as way as to try and artificially inflate the yes vote. It's a virtually meaningless question as it stands.

Errrrrr.....   If you could possibly explain to me how people voting NO because they're not sure yet inflates the yes vote that would be very welcome

Can't wait to hear this....

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

It's a virtually meaningless question as it stands.

Well if you wanted to find out if people felt more confident or not after the three games we've played so far it's not meaningless is it?

And guess what I wanted to find out?

Yep

You guessed it

But keep posting inaccuracies mate. I'm more than happy to sit here correcting you all day

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DID YOU ACTUALLY VOTE IN THIS POLL MATE?

YES
NO

Wilyfox says 'Its too early to tell you mate. I'd have to vote in every other poll in the future before I would be able to decide if I'd voted in this one or not'

All necessary votes are placed in polls at the appropriate time. Not this fascist poll though. This poll can drive back to Whitby shoeless.

Edited by wilyfox

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

All necessary votes are placed in polls at the appropriate time. Not this fascist poll though. This poll can drive back to Whitby shoeless.

Have you got shoes on?

YES
NO

Wilyfox says 'its too early to say mate. I'd have to wear everyone elses shoes for a few years before I could decide whether or not I'm currently wearing shoes at this moment  in time'

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Have you got shoes on?

YES
NO

Wilyfox says 'its too early to say mate. I'd have to wear everyone elses shoes for a few years before I could decide whether or not I'm currently wearing shoes at this moment  in time'

you've tripped over your own saggy balls there. Wearing shoes or not would be fact,  not an opinion poll. 

When the methodology of a simple yes no poll creates such a heated debate on Owlstalk, it is empirical proof that we haven't got anything decent to complain about currently.

So no-one has to answer the poll.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1