Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

It is technically correct but you can understand why some people feel the lack of nuance in the options was purposely done to encourage a certain response.

Have you read many of @@owlstalk's recent threads concerning our manager?

Nuance is hardly his current modus operandi.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So - for example - you have five cars

You don't sell or lose a car. The next day you still have five cars

Someone comes along to you the next day and asks you how many cars you still have

You have no more cars than you had

You don't have four cars, or three cars, or two cars, and you don't have one car, or no cars.

You also don't have six or  seven cars now

You still have five cars.

Five cars

You have no more cars than you had the last day

So.......

Please explain to me how 'not more' is in any way 'less'

I'm dying to hear this one...

Or......................

one is not more than five

two is not more than five

three is not more than five

four is not more than five

five is not more than five

six is though lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes the whole Garry Monk brand ambassador act is getting a little tiring I have to say!

Ahhh I see... So it's ok to post endless Monk Out stuff and post as much hate about him as you like but it's NOT ok to support the Wednesday manager?

I see....

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So - for example - you have five cars

You don't sell or lose a car. The next day you still have five cars

Someone comes along to you the next day and asks you how many cars you still have

You have no more cars than you had

You don't have four cars, or three cars, or two cars, and you don't have one car, or no cars.

You also don't have six or  seven cars now

You still have five cars.

Five cars

You have no more cars than you had the last day

So.......

Please explain to me how 'not more' is in any way 'less'

I'm dying to hear this one...

I suppose I should have written

"Not more" is either "the same" or less 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhh I see... So it's ok to post endless Monk Out stuff and post as much hate about him as you like but it's NOT ok to support the Wednesday manager?

I see....

Nope never said nor implied that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Monk has a fresh start for me this season. I hope he does well and I want him to do well.

I'm just not going to make judgements after one league game because its just silly to do so.

It will take at least 10 league games before you can even begin making any meaningful assessment of how he is doing. 

You are making yourself look silly by labelling people anti Monk just because they aren't willing to make a snap judgement before the season has even got going properly.

I think monk has done fantastic in setting us up for this season, the team looks organised, a threat and above all a team with real unity 

a massive transformation in where we finished yes we’ve played lower league teams but we’ve conceded no goals including that pre season against Leicester 

the recruitment has been excellent and we’re still in the market from where we finished last season the our opening results, squad and performances it’s a yes from me 

Our goalkeepers have been relatively quiet and I think that’s a credit to our playing mentality and shape 

superb turn around two huge league games though should see us tested 

can’t wait to see how we fair with Dunkley and a few other additions bedded in 

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

You are making yourself look silly by labelling people anti Monk just because they aren't willing to make a snap judgement  

Snap judgement?

Have you heard yourself?

lol

I have only asked 'have the last three games given you a bit more  confidence'

🤣🤣🤣

Owlstalk Shop

Yes - good start and the plan is starting to take shape. Better fitness, high intensity and well drilled.

I was looking over a few of the stats for last season and it was actually a bit more promising than I remembered. We comfortably had more shots than our opponents in most games. There was a website I found with xG (not that I like xG all that much, but it at least gives part of the picture...) and even the batterings we took at the start of 2020 were a little freakish (i.e. according to their model the Brentford defeat should have only been 2-1 to Brentford on the balance of chances). The only game where we were properly battered on xG was the infamous Boxing Day game at Stoke, where in reality we only lost in the 97th minute. We lost a lot of points due to a lack of know how in big moments, and probably a lack of fitness too. But with the new coaching team in place hopefully this is being addressed.

I still worry about how we are going to set up against teams that sit back against us - but I guess we won't be tested on this until after the international break. We've got Birmingham, Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe in the space of two weeks (with Brentford thrown in too). Can we actually break down some of these teams that will sit back and absorb pressure? Brown and the new forwards will be key, as this was our main weakness last season.

Far too early to tell and I still believe we need to bring in at least 1 more striker as we still don’t have enough goals in us and lack depth up front. Cardiff was a pleasant surprise and I’m hoping that we can perform that way consistently.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Snap judgement?

Have you heard yourself?

lol

I have only asked 'have the last three games given you a bit more  confidence'

🤣🤣🤣

So I refer you to a one of your responses to me yesterday when i said I was reserving judgement. It's exactly what you are doing and not just to me. 

Hang on..

Let's be reyt..

The very fact you're saying that after three games, three wins on the bounce, three clean sheets on the bounce, jordan rhodes off the mark, windass scoring for fun, liam palmer delivering killer crosses, youngsters stepping up, and an incredible team  spirit shows that you're not  reserving judgement at all

You're just hanging on until you can start slating him

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Yes the whole Garry Monk brand ambassador act is getting a little tiring I have to say!

Definitely.

I've defended Monk on here plenty of times, but fighting the inane drivel posted by some of those who are negative about him with more inane drivel in favour of him simply creates division and invites more extreme responses from either side after every win or loss.