Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

The poll seems to me to be intended to divide, being phrased as it is, it assumes that if you are not more confident, then you are automatically less confident.

What if your confidence has stayed the same?

Because, despite the good results, clean sheets etc, imho our squad is still too light, one or two injuries to midfield or upfront and our replacements aren't of sufficient quality - I know there's time for this to change, but until it does we're still too light.

So there is a reasonable 3rd view and we should be allowed to vote for it - Stayed the same.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't have an opinion on whether you feel more confident or not after the last three games

Either you do, or you don't

Unsure ✅

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Which is exactly what it isn’t

there is a 3rd option - you just don’t want us to have one. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok NOW we're REALLY entering tin foil hat territory

Not at all, merely that not having a legitimate 3rd viewpoint - Stayed the same, forced people to vote No.

Whilst there have been many pro's to the way we've stated the season for me they are matched by the con's of lack of squad depth.

Just now, Lime Tree Heros said:

Not at all, merely that not having a legitimate 3rd viewpoint - Stayed the same, forced people to vote No. 

How did it 'FORCE' you to do anything?

You do realise (cant' believe I'm actually having to explain this) that if you 'stayed the same' then it has obviously NOT made you more confident and so the only possible answer you could ever possibly give to the question is simply 'NO' right?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Yes...

No...

I don't know...

Could you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me now.

You can be undecided or you can divide opinion.  Inflame your client base.  Increase your more owlstalk readers...

*taps side of head with forefinger*

AS IF you have a word replace set for siite traffic.  That's genuinely sad.

Edited by wednesdaywizard

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How did it 'FORCE' you to do anything?

You do realise (cant' believe I'm actually having to explain this) that if you 'stayed the same' then it has obviously NOT made you more confident and so the only possible answer you could ever possibly give to the question is simply 'NO' right?

lol

Because, by answering No it implies you are less confident - which isn't the case for me.

Straight YES / NO votes are incredibly divisive (Brexit, Scottish Independence) when people's viewpoint is far more nuanced than that.

6 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Whilst there have been many pro's to the way we've stated the season for me they are matched by the con's of lack of squad depth.

Neil polarising opinion in fascist poll controversy, using tricksy semantics to skew outcomes. 

You have a pint of water in a bucket

The tap runs for a bit

You ask @Lime Tree Heros if he has MORE water now the taps been running or if he simply still has a pint of water in his bucket.

The question is 'do you now have more water in your bucket? Yes or No?'

LimeTreeHeros immediately starts crying and complains that answering 'no' to this simple question implies that he now has LESS water in his bucket????!!!

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Errrrrr.....   If you could possibly explain to me how people voting NO because they're not sure yet inflates the yes vote that would be very welcome

Can't wait to hear this....

Because as you well know very few people will have meaningfully changed their opinion after one league game. 

If you asked me to rate my positivity towards the season out of 100 before we had played a game and I said 50/100. And you asked me again now and I say 51/100. Then I'm forced to say yes to your poll. It's a yes but a meaningless yes. 

3 options or even better 5 options would have given a much more useful answer.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You have a pint of water in a bucket

The tap runs for a bit

You ask @Lime Tree Heros if he has MORE water now the taps been running or if he simply still has a pint of water in his bucket.

LimeTreeHeros immediately starts crying and complains that answering 'no' to this question implies that he now has LESS water in his bucket????!!!

lol

Again, fact not opinion. another failed example. Fascist Neil undermines his own regime..

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

If you asked me to rate my positivity towards the season out of 100 before we had played a game and I said 50/100. And you asked me again now and I say 51/100. 

So you would therefore - by definition - be more positive

I'm struggling to see why you're struggling with such an absolute basic simple concept

Owlstalk Shop