Team vs Rochdale

Because we didn't have a proper pre-season schedule of games, it's convenient to use these cup games as further opportunities for the players to develop match sharpness.

And with the schedule throwing up no midweek league games for another five weeks, there's no immediate threat of a fixture overload.

I wouldn't change much personally, even if it's always tempting to give opportunities to those less likely to play normally.

I'd start with Wildsmith, and maybe Odubajo, but other than that I'd go with those that started today.

5 hours ago, cowl said:

Because we didn't have a proper pre-season schedule of games, it's convenient to use these cup games as further opportunities for the players to develop match sharpness.

And with the schedule throwing up no midweek league games for another five weeks, there's no immediate threat of a fixture overload.

I wouldn't change much personally, even if it's always tempting to give opportunities to those less likely to play normally.

I'd start with Wildsmith, and maybe Odubajo, but other than that I'd go with those that started today.

Someone posted just before you that if we win Tuesday we play 5 games in 15 days? Seems pretty congested to me. 

8 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

he’s about 22 , sure he can play Saturday and then the following Saturday 

In isolation yes, sure. However if we win Tuesday we’ll play 5 games in 15 days. The season, is shorter than normal, making it even tougher and by 60 minutes today he looked spent. A few times he could have overlapped, just before being taken off and he just stood there. 

Personally I’d rather we spread the workload and pick the games where we can do that. I think Watford will be a tough game and I’d like Harris and Palmer in for that one for their experience and grit. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’d keep the back three the same. Let them build on that performance.

Wildsmith    
           Iorfa     Lees   van Aken

Palmer    Pelupessy    Hunt     Penney

Dele-Bashiru

Kachunga   Rhodes 

Subs: Dawson, Borner, Odubajo, Shaw, Bannan, Reach, Windass

Only bring on Bannan and Windass if needed

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, malek said:

I want Grant to get a run out. Special talent, let see if he can cope... 

highly unlikely as he wasn’t on the official squad number list. Andredin or new signing and Hagen both seem to be in front of him.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

If he makes mass changes, I understand it. The only players I wouldn’t risk are players that cannot be replaced at all such as Bannan and Brown or those who’ve had injuries in the past such as Luongo and maybe Lees. Would also give Harris a breather.

We can mix it up a bit, I’d have thought, but not too many changes Continuity is good. Plus, remember, as Monk was saying last week, it’s been a strange pre season, with players not having games under their belts More games at this stage will help get the team up to speed

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Given the points deduction, the league has to be our priority but on the flip side, another win builds momentum.

I’d go with...

Wildsmith

Lees

Borner

Van Aken

Palmer

Dele Bashiru

Pelupessey

Hunt

Reach

Rhodes

Kachunga

I think it might look something like this, although I don’t think Monk sees Reach as a wing back. 

• Like 1