Team vs Rochdale

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Usually I totally agree. But we’re threadbare and staying up is key so I’d change all 11 and give the team today as much rest as possible.

Wildsmith

Palmer Borner Brennan

Odubajo Dele Hunt Reach

Shaw

New lad Kachunga

Maybe 

But I'd keep the same strikeforce

Windass and Rhodes deserve to start and form a partnership 

Sure they can manage  45 minutes in the next game 

Wildsmith

Lees.   JVA.  Borner

Odubajo.                                     Palmer

Bashiru    Pelupessy

Hunt
               Kachunga.  Reach

Midfield looks light but I wouldn’t take any chances with the preferred 3 at this stage in the season 

I’d pick my team for Watford then look who’s left over. I can see us playing Palmer/Harris vs Watford so that means Penney and Moses vs Rochdale. 

I’d not be surprised to see Windass/Kachunga start vs Watford so that means Reach & Rhodes up top. 

Dele, Hunt, Joey in the middle and Wildsmith in goals. 

29 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’d pick my team for Watford then look who’s left over. I can see us playing Palmer/Harris vs Watford so that means Penney and Moses vs Rochdale. 

I’d not be surprised to see Windass/Kachunga start vs Watford so that means Reach & Rhodes up top. 

Dele, Hunt, Joey in the middle and Wildsmith in goals. 

Why would Penney lose his shirt against Watford ? Deserves to start at lwb at the minute 

Important we start well at home if we get a result in that match we are rolling and if you get momentum anything can happen.

I would give some others a chance as they need game time. 

Wildsmith

Palmer, Shaw Borner

Odubajo, Dele Pelupessy Reach

Hagan Kachunga

If we win against Rochdale it'll be the second game of a run of 5 games in 15 days. We should obviously go for the win, but also rest a few of the players in the most high-intensity positions. I.e. wing-back, centre forward. Assuming Rhodes/Windass are going to start against Watford then it gives Kachunga/Reach a chance to have a run out. Maybe Hagan or Adedoyin off the bench too. Hardest decision is Izzy Brown - I don't think there is anyone else in the squad who can play that role - but with his injury record do we want to risk him?

Maybe give Brown 45 minutes, an hour tops, and hopefully we can bring on young Conor Grant or Alex Hunt to see if they can impose themselves on a game in the second half, hopefully with us a couple of goals to the good by that time.

......................................Dawson....................................

.............Iorfa...................Lees..............Van Aken............

..Palmer...........................................................Odubajo..

................Dele-Bashiru....Brown........Bannan.................

..........................Kachunga..........Reach.........................

Hopefully that XI would be good enough to win the tie, then it should be the first XI against Fulham or Ipswich in the Third Round.

Edited by Emerson Thome
Reach, not Rhodes getting a run out
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Probably rest majority and save for Watford but still a strong ish team

Wildsmith

Borner

Lees

Shaw 

Odubajo

Dele 

Hunt

Bannan( May play Joey though ) 

Palmer

Reach

Kachunga

thoughts ?

After hearing Monk post match comments about match sharpness and needing games to get that into your legs wouldn't surprise me if does give a run out to the rest of the squad to get everyone up to a level.

A cup run would be good for the coffers and am assuming DC has given this to Monk as a secondary objective. 

Wildebeest

Shaw            Iorfa           Borner

Odjob          Dele         Bannan           Palmer

Reach

Kachunga            Rhodes (get him on scoresheet again)

For me, it is critical we keep our midfield 3 fit for as many league games as possible as the backups for now are nowhere near same quality.  Luongo in that sheetwasp role, Bannan usual playmaker and Brown controlling the tempo are gonna be essential for us.

• Like 1