Sam Winnall joins new club

Guest Bulgaria
18 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Not bothered. Although it would be ironic if he got em promoted and we get relegated 

That's something I would lump on to happen.

Edited by Bulgaria

Guest Therealrealist
29 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Oxford and Peterborough might be 2 clubs for weekly accumulators, 

Oxford have signed Matty Taylor (30) from Bristol City to supply Winnall aswell.

Peterborough got the Ivan Toney money to spend

Dont forget oxford have also got #flair

59 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Never had a fair crack at it here. Bad injury set him back too.

Signed him in January and then signed Rhodes a couple of weeks after. Made no sense at the time. 

Could never fault his workrate. Hope it works out for him. 

What are you on about? Yeah he’s been injured but scored 6 goals in over 40 appearances. Plenty of chances to make his mark here but has been awful, simple as that

Guest Willow Owl

In my opinion, was a poor signing in the first place. Always looked like he was towing a truck.

Good luck to him though, and we move on.

I'm amazed on these threads how strikers who were good before us crap now because they didn't do much for us.

Winnall & Rhodes we have never played to there strengths everybody must see that.

Fletcher & Hooper did far better as we played to there strengths as did Fessi at the start playing no10 or cutting in from the left.

Nuhiu massively underrated and whenever had a consistent run in the side played well, same with Joao funnily enough.

Strikers need consistency and if signing them play to there strengths or don't sign them.

Winnall was a decent signing at the time and if it wasn't for Rhodes he'd have had more of a bite of the cherry.

He showed he could score in the Championship though for us and Derby. And going from his hefty contract here to around 88k a year in League One (salary cap) is a bit of a descent, just shows a footballer's short span to make the serious cash. That's about a 90% pay cut to what he was on here (reportedly). 

Edited by Owls2k

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's done well i  think any player in the lower divisions getting a 2 year deal is a good move as things stand . 

But a huge wage decrease with the squad salary cap.

When it did come in I did wonder if Championship teams would start to hoard players like the prem clubs do, 3k a week is nothing to a Champ club but it's now more than any League One team can fork out on average. However it doesn't seem to be happening.