The Garry Monk Era is here...

Just now, Devonstrix said:

Wow - I thought he used a hyphen! So there was actually one. Anyway I’m told full stops are passive aggressive these days …………………

And?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Looking forward to next season as a Wednesdayite, is like a cow looking forward to it's visit to the abattoir. 

Big expectant eyes, eye-lashes swaying in the early summer breeze, boarding the truck with the rest of your mates, wandering what adventures await you. Stepping off the truck, seeing the shiny new factory, thinking it must be one of those visit's that they make you do when you get a free tour of an Island (usually a place selling blankets or Aloe Vera). Stepping onto the moving walkway, ah, it must be an airport, Damn it I've not brought my passport, them remembering your a cow and you don't have a passport. You then hear the noises of the killing floor, but assume it is just the engine on the plane. You shout to your mate Colin to ask what the planes like, but all you hear is an horrible high pitched shrill, then the smell hits you, Eurgh, plane food smells vile, a bet Heston Blumenthal been let loose again.

Nice to read something from someone with some style and wit.

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

And?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Anymore of that lad and I’ll hit you with some colons!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Wow - I thought he used a hyphen! So there was actually one. Anyway I’m told full stops are passive aggressive these days …………………

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make A Difference!

Just a form of snobbism. I would like to be treated by illiterate doctors, have my car designed by engineers who can't punctuate user instructions and who would not want  an architect to issue building plans without any punctuation. And when the vaccine comes, I dont want to see carefully constructed and punctuated directions for use...just stick it where it hurts and hope for the best.

So long as it makes sense does punctuation matter? Sometimes it does, and it's a habit worth cultivating since when you need it....it might not be there. There is no point in glorifying a lack of education as if it were a great thing.

Anyone seen the movie Idiocracy?

42 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Nice to read something from someone with some style and wit.

Each to  his own....personally just wish there was a little less animosity to each other,a little bit more positivity,and just accepting that someone else view,is just that...doesn't mean there  stupid,ignorant,'thick' or whatever......(yes,even the ones like me who cant spell!!).Lets disagree with a persons debate & make your own,in mutual respect....and for those who dont rate Monk,fine...Lets see now how our manager,team, & season unfold.

Last season is gone,this one beckons, & i look forward to exchanging views about current performances,players,tactics & substitutions....basically enjoying my football,as we all(hopefully) do....lets do it with a bit more style eh?..What we got to lose?

55 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make A Difference!

Just a form of snobbism. I would like to be treated by illiterate doctors, have my car designed by engineers who can't punctuate user instructions and who would not want  an architect to issue building plans without any punctuation. And when the vaccine comes, I dont want to see carefully constructed and punctuated directions for use...just stick it where it hurts and hope for the best.

So long as it makes sense does punctuation matter? Sometimes it does, and it's a habit worth cultivating since when you need it....it might not be there. There is no point in glorifying a lack of education as if it were a great thing.

Anyone seen the movie Idiocracy?

But its not about 'education' is it?....its about (some) people on here attempting to belittle others by highlighting punctuation?....whats it matter if you can understand?Thats the whole point of communication isnt it? Learning difficulty's have been acknowledged for Decades,yet still people focus on punctuation....No one here got kids with Dyslexia?..I have spent my entire time at school being 'written off'..left at 15....as a consequence....Do we include talking 'proper' too? because i can tell you no dialect or 'accent' is linguistically superior to another.. so called BBC English,or 'received Pronunciation,is simply an Ideological construct.

eg It was chosen by Bishop Louth to be the dialect spoken by the Royals,& thus became the dialect of choice of the ruling class elite.(still is)..Got be careful here,someone might think ime 'educated'

'Language is a site of struggle of meaning'  Volushiov

Edited by parajack

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

But its not about 'Education' is it?....its about (some) people on here attempting to belittle others by highlighting punctuation?....whats it matter if you can understand?Thats the whole point of communication isnt it? Learning difficulty's have been acknowledged for Decades,yet still people focus on punctuation....No one here got kids with Dyslexia?..I have spent my entire time at school being 'written off'..left at 15....as a consequence....Do we include talking 'proper' too? because i can tell you no dialect or 'accent' is linguistically superior to another.. so called BBC English,or 'received Pronunciation,is simply an Ideological construct.

eg It was chosen by Bishop Louth to be the dialect spoken by the Royals,& thus became the dialect of choice of the ruling class elite.(still is)..Got be careful here,someone might think ime 'educated'

'Language is a site of struggle of meaning'  Volushiov

What?

• Haha 1

On 27/08/2020 at 10:38, marshy said:

I genuinely hope he makes a success of it. One day, someone here will get it right.

But that 'someone' will have to put up with Owlstalk because they'll never be good enough - unless it's Pep, but even he would struggle.  It's not just coincidence that we're still looking/hoping for Mr Right, but any manager needs patience, which has proven to be in permanent short supply at all levels.  Is it any wonder the wait is a long one....

On 27/08/2020 at 10:26, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.26.24.jpg

Now he has his own coaching and management set up finally in place, and the flushing out of the squad is happening and new hungry exciting players are coming to the club we are now properly entering the Garry Monk Era.

What do you think it will bring with it?

I think personally we will start to see exciting attacking football again with wing backs, crosses, counter attacks, and plenty of goals. I think it's a really exciting time and the points deduction no longer worries me  (after the initial shock/horror set in I can now see moves from the club to really go for it)

I think we'll do well under this new regime and I think the new coaching staff will really motivate this new group to do well.

I also think we will finally really start to see a happier and more successful Garry Monk who has been backed by the chairman and who is going to do much better now he can get the tired old faces out of the club and some fresh positive attitudes coming in to challenge the players who are remaining.

It's clear Garry Monk wants to create a team we can be proud of, who work their butts off to represent us in the Sheffield Wednesday shirt and he's promised us that he will create a real team to take pride in.

I'm looking forward to it

The Garry Monk era is finally beginning and it's already looking very exciting indeed

Invert the pyramid. That’s what I say.

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, hangonrose said:

But that 'someone' will have to put up with Owlstalk because they'll never be good enough - unless it's Pep, but even he would struggle.  It's not just coincidence that we're still looking/hoping for Mr Right, but any manager needs patience, which has proven to be in permanent short supply at all levels.  Is it any wonder the wait is a long one....

Eh? So if monk go5 us in the play offs or promoted(🤣) you reckon there would be lots on here still givin him grief?