The Garry Monk Era is here...

Just now, parajack said:

Filling? do you mean 'killing'? see what happens when you pull others? ..if your debate is good, & persuasive,maybe you will change peoples minds...if it isnt,or they cant be persuaded,accept their view,and move on...Bigger issues out there....

Well that sentence is just littered with poor grammar and punctuation. At least your sense of humour remains intact.

• Haha 1

Monk has much to do to convince the fans that he is the right person to take the club forward. 

The club has managed to ship out a number of players and brought one or two in (He really needs at least another four). 

He now has the support of his preferred backroom staff which must have freed up so much of his time.

The expectation to see progress in the first few games will be at the foremost of the fans minds as we need to overcome that points deduction quickly and efficiently.  If he doesn't get over that hurdle quickly, I think the calls for him to go will be deafening and come Christmas he will be looking for another job.

I do accept that Monk landed in a minefield and plenty of managers would have not relished the challenge.  He seems to have a strong personality and hopefully he has a plan mapped out where he wants the club to be and that all the staff are onside with it. 

He really needs more quality players brought in quickly, if he doesn't and its just Windass as I fear,  we won't be strong enough to meet the challenge and we will be fighting to stay in the Championship.  The points deduction will putting off plenty of targets and it wouldn't  surprise me if that wasn't in Lekos agents mindset  

We would all like to know what went wrong around Christmas but its a combination of many things and we will probably never know the true reasons. 

As fans maybe the best thing is to concentrate on the coming season as we cannot do anything about last season. 

I for one will be supporting Monk, but I can understand why some are so against him.

As ever with Wednesday its gonna be one hell of a ride.

• Like 2

On 27/08/2020 at 10:26, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.26.24.jpg

Now he has his own coaching and management set up finally in place, and the flushing out of the squad is happening and new hungry exciting players are coming to the club we are now properly entering the Garry Monk Era.

What do you think it will bring with it?

I think personally we will start to see exciting attacking football again with wing backs, crosses, counter attacks, and plenty of goals. I think it's a really exciting time and the points deduction no longer worries me  (after the initial shock/horror set in I can now see moves from the club to really go for it)

I think we'll do well under this new regime and I think the new coaching staff will really motivate this new group to do well.

I also think we will finally really start to see a happier and more successful Garry Monk who has been backed by the chairman and who is going to do much better now he can get the tired old faces out of the club and some fresh positive attitudes coming in to challenge the players who are remaining.

It's clear Garry Monk wants to create a team we can be proud of, who work their butts off to represent us in the Sheffield Wednesday shirt and he's promised us that he will create a real team to take pride in.

I'm looking forward to it

The Garry Monk era is finally beginning and it's already looking very exciting indeed

Please, no more of that 'to me, to you' rubbish, keeping the ball for 5 min's while the opposition get into defensive positions.

Start defending from the front, putting THEIR defenders under pressure as soon as we lose the ball.

• Love 1

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Please, no more of that 'to me, to you' rubbish, keeping the ball for 5 min's while the opposition get into defensive positions.

Start defending from the front, putting THEIR defenders under pressure as soon as we lose the ball.

The worlds best strikers don’t do any of that ever 

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A neutral would suggest they are genuinely mitigating circumstances 

A twisted individual with an agenda might suggest they are excuses 

A neutral would suggest you are a stark raving looney for thinking they only affected us.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What only affected us?

The long list of things I posted that mostly literally only affected US?

lol

Yes like covid , injuries, contracts, games coming thick and fast.

Tis a cruel world when it only happened to us.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Well that sentence is just littered with poor grammar and punctuation. At least your sense of humour remains intact.

All my sentences are.....cant spell,cant puctuate,grammars poo .....sometimes i see letters the wrong way round....but your right,my sense of humour is intact....I post on here..

• Haha 2

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Yes like covid , injuries, contracts, games coming thick and fast.

Tis a cruel world when it only happened to us.

Amazingly

In fact STAGGERINGLY you’ve once again managed to just cherry pick two or three parts that suit your twisted view and decided they’re the only things I posted

Thats quite the feat

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Amazingly

In fact STAGGERINGLY you’ve once again managed to just cherry pick two or three parts that suit your twisted view and decided they’re the only things I posted

Thats quite the feat

lol

Four and I destroyed the rest of them earlier.

Blimey this thread is hard work and all getting a bit personal.

To reflect on the theme as intended....

I really came to doubt Monk in the second half of last season - it seemed he was making us worse than we should have been.

BUT he now has his own team (who have a MUCH better pedigree than Bullen and Weaver) and a chance to sign the sort of players he wants that will fit in with his 'vision'.

In this new season he'll have his excuses taken away and we'll see whether Monk really can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

Except we look like starting the season with Rhodes and possibly Windass as our only strikers. If we fail under these circumstances it's not going to tell us anything at all. Please, please can our recruitment team give us a squad that will give this new management team at least a chance of succeeding.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Looking forward to next season as a Wednesdayite, is like a cow looking forward to it's visit to the abattoir. 

Big expectant eyes, eye-lashes swaying in the early summer breeze, boarding the truck with the rest of your mates, wandering what adventures await you. Stepping off the truck, seeing the shiny new factory, thinking it must be one of those visit's that they make you do when you get a free tour of an Island (usually a place selling blankets or Aloe Vera). Stepping onto the moving walkway, ah, it must be an airport, Damn it I've not brought my passport, them remembering your a cow and you don't have a passport. You then hear the noises of the killing floor, but assume it is just the engine on the plane. You shout to your mate Colin to ask what the planes like, but all you hear is an horrible high pitched shrill, then the smell hits you, Eurgh, plane food smells vile, a bet Heston Blumenthal been let loose again.

If you need a lift to the doctors PM me 💙

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Wow, just wow. I can't believe you've just posted that, not one punctuation mark in the entire piece.

Wow - I thought he used a hyphen! So there was actually one. Anyway I’m told full stops are passive aggressive these days …………………

• Haha 2