The Garry Monk Era is here...

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't need to

All I have to do is ask this question..

If it was that easy to succeed in football as a chairman you could (going by the criteria set by those in this thread) just employ a manager who's never been sacked before and only ever gets promoted, and then buy all the players in who have been promoted before and be GUARANTEED promotion!

Surely it's THAT easy?

If it IS then why don't Chairmen do that and how come new successful managers and players spring up and succeed?

The criteria being thrown around in this thread isn't just outdated and incorrect it's totally utterly stupid

By being good at their job.

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I don’t the answer to this but can you name a manager who was sacked three times and walked once without achieving anything that then went on to be successful? If you could then we can definitely ditch the previous history argument?

Brendan Rodgers?  Sacked by Liverpool and left Reading by "mutual consent", they just so happened to be one place above the bottom three at the time.  Walked away from Celtic, Watford and Swansea.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

MASSIVE MASSIVE IRONY ALERT HERE

I've literally just this minute posted Monk's stats compared to Chris Wilder's stats and Garry Monk's are far far superior

lol

Or maybe we should take YOUR stats about only the second half of last season and forget the first half?
 🤣

Of course that wouldn't be twisting what you want to suit your agenda would it?  (based on his stats)

lol

You posted selective stats after looking silly in an earlier post.

Well if Monk gets off to a similar start to last season, when we had sixteen points by the end of September (after 9 games), we will be on four points which last season would have had us third from bottom, four points from safety. I’m sure we would accept that before a ball is kicked. Twenty points would see us out of the relegation positions. I imagine there will be a completely different atmosphere around the club now. Fresh ideas, aligned to a siege mentality. The fans need to play their part now, even before we are allowed in. WAWAW. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

But it's still Monk. It's not an outdated view. Good grief. Take a look at the stats. And yes I'd love him to be successful. But you can't go on hope alone.. Can you? 

This is the same Monk who's decision making ability had been questioned throughout his career. 

Yes. You can say... Fresh start etc. But it's still the same " Manager " Who made all those absurd tactical decisions since Christmas.. The same bloke whose excuses wore thin.... He had a decent bunch of players to  choose from... And couldnt get 30 % out of them. 

I'm looking forward to a fresh start. Can't wait for the season to begin again  . But it's Monk.... He really is a bad manager.. He's proven that, and with a side that should have  at least done way better. Even with the misfits out. 

The Gary Monk 44 game era has been a disaster so far.... He had 44 games... Not 10..... And.... He screwed it up 

Yes... I want us to win. Yes... I'm positive for the season... I'm always positive we will win... That's why I get so bloody deflated when we lose. 

But Monk.. Is a crap manager who brings absolutely NOTHING to us if he stays the way he was. 

If he changes.. Then great..  And if we achieve a level of consistency, then I'll applaud him for those changes in his managerial style..But he's displayed  the same tactical prowess that he showed at other clubs.... We have to go on that.... Not just hope. 

UTO

I know we are not going to agree,but look at Man Utd,a successful club for many years,but struggled despite numerous Managers,to match the Ferguson period..Solskjaer has struggled to get the consistency of performance & results,but is now starting to see some success on the field(but de Gea giving him he same GK headache we have!) even the biggest Clubs go through it...

Monk wasnt a 44 Game disaster was he,? come on that isnt fair,or allegedly accurate.At Xmas we were third,and had every chance of pushing for an automatic promotion spot.Looking at Monks Employment history,i can see why people have concerns,i accept that totally,but why cant you also look at the success'e also in his career? he has had many,posted multiple times...

To echo another post,this toxic dislike of our manager must stop,unless & untill we have a reason to call for his head.lets all agree to disagree now,its becoming toxic.Lets all move on,& get behind the manager in post.....until we see different...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, parajack said:

I know we are not going to agree,but look at Man Utd,a successful club for many years,but struggled despite numerous Managers,to match the Ferguson period..Solskjaer has struggled to get the consistency of performance & results,but is now starting to see some success on the field(but de Gea giving him he same GK headache we have!) even the biggest Clubs go through it...

Monk wasnt a 44 Game disaster was he,? come on that isnt fair,or allegedly accurate.At Xmas we were third,and had every chance of pushing for an automatic promotion spot.Looking at Monks Employment history,i can see why people have concerns,i accept that totally,but why cant you also look at the success'e also in his career? he has had many,posted multiple times...

To echo another post,this toxic dislike of our manager must stop,unless & untill we have a reason to call for his head.lets all agree to disagree now,its becoming toxic.Lets all move on,& get behind the manager in post.....until we see different...

He should have been sacked last season.

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

He should have been sacked last season.

But he wasn't.....................................so lets see how he gets on now with his own team around him.

If he kicks on and we start winning games great, if he doesn't then he needs to go, but at the moment he is SWFC manager and needs supporting as such.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He left them a while ago. lets not forget he has actually managed us for 44 games.

he's not a new manager here

it's not a new start

His record once he instigated his own methods were ABYSMAL

This is the bloke in charge of us for the coming season with a depleted squad and untested additions

he has done absolutely sod all.

All the pro Monk bunch are living on HOPE, not realty.

I’m not necessarily pro Monk but there comes a time when you just have to get behind the team. He’s been backed by the owner (rightly or wrongly) in bringing in staff he’s worked with previously and I’m sure he’s working hard behind the scenes to bring in new players.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

But he wasn't.....................................so lets see how he gets on now with his own team around him.

If he kicks on and we start winning games great, if he doesn't then he needs to go, but at the moment he is SWFC manager and needs supporting as such.

Backing a poor manager only delays the inevitable, he'll be gone by Christmas.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Please let me counteract this statement by saying with 100% confidence that you personally don't know that, and that you're just blindly parroting what you have read someone else (who has an agenda) has posted.

There's NO WAY you've done any research on this point, and not only that, but everyone  reading knows this to be true too.

Just repeating what someone else says does not make it true.

Don't believe the hype and stop being a sheep

There’s definitely an interview with Stewart Downing knocking around where I think he was just frozen out at Middlesbrough by **** for no apparent reason. There are several stories doing the rounds that this was the case with others at Boro and might well have contributed to him getting the sack early on in his time there?

As for other places it might or might not have happened? From what I’ve seen during his time here it looked like it might have happened again with Westwood and Hutchinson?

As for me being a sheep I might be a bit baaaahmy but **** has not pulled the wool over my eyes 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Jim said:

There’s definitely an interview with Stewart Downing knocking around where I think he was just frozen out at Middlesbrough by **** for no apparent reason. There are several stories doing the rounds that this was the case with others at Boro and might well have contributed to him getting the sack early on in his time there?

So I was right then - you're just parroting what someone else posted a while back and have decided to keep repeating it yourself

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Look forward to what?

Unknown..Exciting,attacking football,?4,5,7 wins on the trot like Leeds did?...seeing our side concede 3 or 4 goals every game,and lose every match? dont know....but ime excited the season is due to start,ime a Sheffield Wednesday Fan....we all are...and thats all that matters to  me...if you wear 'blue & white' stripes your my team..

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

Unknown..Exciting,attacking football,?4,5,7 wins on the trot like Leeds did?...seeing our side concede 3 or 4 goals every game,and lose every match? dont know....but ime excited the season is due to start,ime a Sheffield Wednesday Fan....we all are...and thats all that matters to  me...if you wear 'blue & white' stripes your my team..

Think you're drunk mate.

I've never seen a Monk side play exciting football, the conceding part definitely, and if that excites you, you're welcome to it.