The Garry Monk Era is here...

49 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I’m not necessarily pro Monk but there comes a time when you just have to get behind the team. He’s been backed by the owner (rightly or wrongly) in bringing in staff he’s worked with previously and I’m sure he’s working hard behind the scenes to bring in new players.

Appreciate that and like i've said multiple times, i'm always behind the team no matter what. All i'm doing is raising my own concerns of how i feel about monks ability to get us through this.

1 hour ago, parajack said:

I know we are not going to agree,but look at Man Utd,a successful club for many years,but struggled despite numerous Managers,to match the Ferguson period..Solskjaer has struggled to get the consistency of performance & results,but is now starting to see some success on the field(but de Gea giving him he same GK headache we have!) even the biggest Clubs go through it...

Monk wasnt a 44 Game disaster was he,? come on that isnt fair,or allegedly accurate.At Xmas we were third,and had every chance of pushing for an automatic promotion spot.Looking at Monks Employment history,i can see why people have concerns,i accept that totally,but why cant you also look at the success'e also in his career? he has had many,posted multiple times...

To echo another post,this toxic dislike of our manager must stop,unless & untill we have a reason to call for his head.lets all agree to disagree now,its becoming toxic.Lets all move on,& get behind the manager in post.....until we see different...

Fully agree with you

And i won't be screaming for his head......

I just hope for the club and fans sake he changes his tactics and man management style.

UTO

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

Appreciate that and like i've said multiple times, i'm always behind the team no matter what. All i'm doing is raising my own concerns of how i feel about monks ability to get us through this.

You're not basing it on sane, reasonable facts though!

You're just cherry picking tiny parts of his whole career and pointing to them as to some reason why Monk will definitely fail here

It's bizarre

It's like pointing to a single olive as a reason the salad will definitely be the worst salad you've ever had

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

believe it or not,i have heard people say all they are bothered about is the three points & a 'win'...not too concerned about the performance....personally i find that view strange..YES i want to win,but i want to win in style,and see exciting,attacking football....Thats why i like the long ball game,..done effectively

Yeah I don't mind the long ball game if it leads to plenty of goalmouth action as practised by Howard Wilkinsons style. But too often its just lumped up only to come back again then lobbed back up again.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's also take into account...

1) The success of the first half of the season
2) Most of the first team players contracts coming to an end
3) Steven Fletcher getting injured
4) Covid kicking in around March
5) The number of injuries in the first team
6) Not having his own management/coaching structure

7) Having more first team masseurs than first team coaches
8 ) The overhanging EFL charge meaning the club could be relegated
9) The club's finances being called into question
10)  Games coming every other day due to Covid meaning no real coaching could take place
11) Westwood deciding he was 'injured' again and the replacement keepers being really weak
12) The EFL Hearing 
13) Fletcher and Fox clearing off - arguably our two strongest players

I responded to what you put there earlier this morning.... I annotated on your quote in blue

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're not basing it on sane, reasonable facts though!

You're just cherry picking tiny parts of his whole career and pointing to them as to some reason why Monk will definitely fail here

It's bizarre

It's like pointing to a single olive as a reason the salad will definitely be the worst salad you've ever had

Isn't what i put enough for you ?

It was a perfectly reasonable response. Yet, again, you choose to suggest i'm not sane for having my own opinion based on results, or our style of play, or his man management skills.
There are multiple reasons why i'd be worried. I've stated that clearly and without any derogatory remarks. So why continue to personally attack me ?

are people on here not allowed to have a different opinion to you ?

Edited by quinnssweetshop

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Isn't what i put enough for you ?

It was a perfectly reasonable response. Yet, again, you choose to suggest i'm not sane for having my own opinion based on results, or our style of play, or his man management skills.
There are multiple reasons why i'd be worried. I've stated that clearly and without any derogatory remarks. So why continue to personally attack me ?

Once again I'm not personally attacking you in any way mate - if you can't handle people with opposing views you're on the wrong site and should stick to echo chambers like Facebook

I'm simply stating that your 'facts' are simply cherry picked slices of a very very big Garry Monk cake, and instead of admiring the cake you're just cutting off an extremely thin slice then staggering round the party (whilst dribbling down your own chin) telling everyone that if they have a bite of it, it will be the most disgusting cake they've ever tasted...

Even though everyone at the party can still see the huge glorious magnificent  Garry Monk cake over on the main table shining like a glistening beacon of love

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, parajack said:

?? i simply said its an UNKNOWN,but as a football fan,,& Sheff Wed supporter,ime looking forward to the season starting and following my team.

Looking forward to next season as a Wednesdayite, is like a cow looking forward to it's visit to the abattoir. 

Big expectant eyes, eye-lashes swaying in the early summer breeze, boarding the truck with the rest of your mates, wandering what adventures await you. Stepping off the truck, seeing the shiny new factory, thinking it must be one of those visit's that they make you do when you get a free tour of an Island (usually a place selling blankets or Aloe Vera). Stepping onto the moving walkway, ah, it must be an airport, Damn it I've not brought my passport, them remembering your a cow and you don't have a passport. You then hear the noises of the killing floor, but assume it is just the engine on the plane. You shout to your mate Colin to ask what the planes like, but all you hear is an horrible high pitched shrill, then the smell hits you, Eurgh, plane food smells vile, a bet Heston Blumenthal been let loose again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Looking forward to next season as a Wednesdayite, is like a cow looking forward to it's visit to the abattoir. 

Big expectant eyes, eye-lashes swaying in the early summer breeze, boarding the truck with the rest of your mates, wandering what adventures await you. Stepping off the truck, seeing the shiny new factory, thinking it must be one of those visit's that they make you do when you get a free tour of an Island (usually a place selling blankets or Aloe Vera). Stepping onto the moving walkway, ah, it must be an airport, Damn it I've not brought my passport, them remembering your a cow and you don't have a passport. You then hear the noises of the killing floor, but assume it is just the engine on the plane. You shout to your mate Colin to ask what the planes like, but all you hear is an horrible high pitched shrill, then the smell hits you, Eurgh, plane food smells vile, a bet Heston Blumenthal been let loose again.

Kinell. I knew it was bad but come on. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's also take into account...

1) The success of the first half of the season
2) Most of the first team players contracts coming to an end
3) Steven Fletcher getting injured
4) Covid kicking in around March
5) The number of injuries in the first team
6) Not having his own management/coaching structure

7) Having more first team masseurs than first team coaches
8 ) The overhanging EFL charge meaning the club could be relegated
9) The club's finances being called into question
10)  Games coming every other day due to Covid meaning no real coaching could take place
11) Westwood deciding he was 'injured' again and the replacement keepers being really weak
12) The EFL Hearing 
13) Fletcher and Fox clearing off - arguably our two strongest players

Why are you still peddling out this rubbish which I've already destroyed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again I'm not personally attacking you in any way mate - if you can't handle people with opposing views you're on the wrong site and should stick to echo chambers like Facebook

I'm simply stating that your 'facts' are simply cherry picked slices of a very very big Garry Monk cake, and instead of admiring the cake you're just cutting off an extremely thin slice then staggering round the party (whilst dribbling down your own chin) telling everyone that if they have a bite of it, it will be the most disgusting cake they've ever tasted...

Even though everyone at the party can still see the huge glorious magnificent  Garry Monk cake over on the main table shining like a glistening beacon of love

lol

Cake ball 3 lol

Ahhh I have no problem at all at people having differing  views .. I'm merely expressing mine.. And that of many others I've seen on here  . And there will always be opposing views. 

I'm worried.. Like many 

I worry about the clubs existence. I worry about the effect Paxo is having on the club. And yes I worry about Monks ability. 

But like I've said.. I can't wait for the season to start and I'll be supporting the team fully. 

And... Gary Monk cake  lol

4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Why are you still peddling out this rubbish which I've already destroyed?

Because I've had numerous PM's and emails laughing at your pitiful response

Everyone's  saying 'that Emiliianinaenanenko fella's got it all wrong hasn't he? I bet he thinks he 'destroyed' your argument when in fact he's really embarrassed himself in front of all of us' and 'I'm not even sure that Emgliabdsgasgneneneko person is real - I think he's one of those Russian Bots'  so I thought I'd post the FACTS again so everyone can see them for themselves 

Owlstalk Shop