BREAKING NEWS!! EFL -12 Points - Full Written Explanation Thread

I think our appeal will be on process rather than detail. The issue of backdating and whether the framework of rules have been applied correctly which they haven’t.

But all this shows just how the club under DC doesn’t plan ahead. Or wasn’t until now. This could’ve been a good plan if implemented at the outset and done correctly 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think our appeal will be on process rather than detail. The issue of backdating and whether the framework of rules have been applied correctly which they haven’t.

But all this shows just how the club under DC doesn’t plan ahead. Or wasn’t until now. This could’ve been a good plan if implemented at the outset and done correctly 

You mean the sale of the stadium? 

Clubs only found out about that loophole very late on didnt they.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

The written report even references that, whilst they won’t comment on the ethics of ground sales in that manner, the EFL accept it is well within the rules and did nor dispute the valuation of Hillsborough. 

We, exactly as you say, simply munted the transactional execution. which beggars belief when you reflect and every single fan was aware we were going to breach without some sort of extraordinary transactional income during that period. The length of time to get something done seems to be....staggering, for what was essentially a near enough ‘internal’ transaction. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, S W F C said:

Can someone summarise please in simple terms? 

My understanding is that the EFL had agreed that we could include the stadium sale in the accounts but then changed their mind? 

What have we actually done wrong? 

Nothing sppesl in post.