BREAKING NEWS!! EFL -12 Points - Full Written Explanation Thread

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

How many different nationalities of owners are in the football league, that they would have experience in talking to ? 

I would guess quite a lot... yet they say this about DC. 

It Suggests discrimination. 

I know DC has an ego and can imagine how belligerent he can be, but in this day and age just can't say those kind of things, certainly not expected of league football's governing body. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Just a note of interest , the land registration showed a different date to the transaction of the sale, however it is not uncommon for the land registration to be delayed for many reasons and not all necessarily to do with SWFC.

I 'd hazard a guess it was because the "company" we "sold" the stadium to didn't exist until 12 months AFTER  we claimed we sold it to them. :Chansiri:

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's those charges that were most worrying to me.

Can accept the club making a mistake or a misunderstanding but being dishonest was a breaking point.  Now to find that those charges were brought without evedence or any investigations is totally astonishing

Which is probably why they were dropped.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I 'd hazard a guess it was because the "company" we "sold" the stadium to didn't exist until 12 months AFTER  we claimed we sold it to them. :Chansiri:

Think it was already set up but a delay in transfer of funds more likely.

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Which is probably why they were dropped.

They were not fully withdrawn, they still levied them against Wednesday and when dropping charges against named individuals they added a caveat which indicated they still thought appropriate.

An absolute shocer.

54 minutes ago, OwlsItGoing said:

Thats absolutely disgusting from the EFL, pure rasicism, and shows that they were just doing/trying everything they could to hand us the biggest penalty possible. They cant get away with something like that in this era.

Wonder if theyre made to attend the same Mandatory Education Course that Foresteiri had to ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Deary me. What an absolute embarrassment the EFL is.

B8625F28-EA6C-4773-A228-C881101A857F.jpeg

Lets do what the Pigs do, Sue the EFL!!!! For wrongful accusations. That way we might be able to afford a transfer fee. 

lol

P.s This is only a joke. I have no idea if this is even possible.

3 hours ago, dr. benway said:

Interesting document, but doesn't read as explosively as some journalists have made out. At most it intimates that the EFL jumped the gun in accusing DC etc of misleading them. I'm failing to see any conspiracy, just incompetence.

What I cant see as acceptable, and the basis of the EFLs disciplinary action, is how the EFL having signed off SWFCs accounts, and finding them acceptable, decide 10 months later to initiate proceedings. I am perplexed that the hearing didn't comment on this being an issue but merely accepting it as a part of the timeline. Further more at the time of the alleged offence the disciplinary code was incomplete insofar as the penalties for transgressing the P&S rules had not been decided.

The fact that the EFL brought this case 10 months later, after a regime change, is in my opinion pernicious.

I am no legal eagle just a humble layman giving my opinion.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

But according to the vast majority on here we are being stupid if we think the EFL has an agenda against the club

Given what was said by the EFL about being desperate to help us - in this attachment - I'd say the suggestion that the EFL have an agenda against us is complete b o llocx

image.png.1a0684d1fada6362c9bd4c2af6daa62b.png

11 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

But according to the vast majority on here we are being stupid if we think the EFL has an agenda against the club

I don't think the EFL has an agenda against Wednesday per se, so much as they had an agenda against whichever club next fell foul of the P&S rules after they lost their second case against Birmingham.

In typical Wednesday fashion, we happened to stumble into their crosshairs at just the wrong time.

Hopefully the EFL's overzealous attempt to enforce their rules works in our favour when it comes to the appeal.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 5

This issue with charge 2 appears to be a total lack of a timely and thorough investigation by the EFL into those points (re dishonesty etc). That’s where the criticism of the commission comes from. But that delay and lack of investigation may have actually helped us there, as a number of entries and quotes in the full report don’t provide confidence in our practice and certainly raise areas of concern. 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

So how do you explain the difference between us and Derby then? 

I think under Shaun Harvey the EFL tried their best to help us. And after Steve Gibson threatened to sue the EFL for failing to uphold their own financial rules - when Rick Parry took over - that whole co-operation thing went out of the window.

Just now, Grandad said:

I think under Shaun Harvey the EFL tried their best to help us. And after Steve Gibson threatened to sue the EFL for failing to uphold their own financial rules - when Rick Parry took over - that whole co-operation thing went out of the window.

I suppose that's one way to look at it:duntmatter:

It's time the EFL organization gets a massive overhaul and actually turned into something that can be consistent in its regulations and enforcement of these.

Situation today seems far too circumstantial and biased by whoever is handling each individual case, and this is neither professional  nor should it be acceptable by a governing body in football.

Good call of Chansiri and Wednesday to appeal this, we will probably start the season on -12 regardless and then if by magic it gets nulled, we'll hopefully be better off if we suddenly regain some points. I'm not holding my breath though, the EFL seems far too arrogant to admit anything. After all, as we saw with Forestieri incidents too, they have elevated themselves above the law in certain cases...

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I suppose that's one way to look at it:duntmatter:

Don't be cryptic. Tell me why you think its not like that

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Given what was said by the EFL about being desperate to help us - in this attachment - I'd say the suggestion that the EFL have an agenda against us is complete b o llocx

image.png.1a0684d1fada6362c9bd4c2af6daa62b.png

It is not what the previous regime at the EFL that is in question. It is the new regime under Mr Parry who decide to take action against the club 10 months after all parties had thought the matter closed, an dealt with satisfactorily, that gives the impression that it is personal.

Edited by mark1948
  • Like 3