Chey Dunkley

On 11/08/2020 at 01:37, wilyfox said:

Would still breeze through one of our medicals. Bet the examiner wouldn't even notice the cast. 

Douglas Bader would breeze through one of our medicals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Not really strange. All examiners are localised, but they their parent group Reach recycle stories. So they will probably reuse Dom's story with every club he is linked too

Fair enough, hope he chooses us if there’s any truth in the link. 

Borner, Dunkley, Iorfa.  
Seems a solid back 3 for what we need next season 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

£3.9m for Lees?

Cash in the chips!

Agree, and I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Tom Lees, who is a very good defender, and who has served us well. There are a few issues though, like most of the others, he doesn’t look comfortable in a three. In a two, he’s better, but doesn’t have the same chemistry with Borner, that he had with Loovens. 
Probably best if he looks for a club where he will be a better fit

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree, and I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Tom Lees, who is a very good defender, and who has served us well. There are a few issues though, like most of the others, he doesn’t look comfortable in a three. In a two, he’s better, but doesn’t have the same chemistry with Borner, that he had with Loovens. 
Probably best if he looks for a club where he will be a better fit

We've already made him impossible to offload by giving him a £25k pw contract a few years ago. Nobody is going to spend that much on Tom Lees after he's been average at best for the last 3 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

We've already made him impossible to offload by giving him a £25k pw contract a few years ago. Nobody is going to spend that much on Tom Lees after he's been average at best for the last 3 years.

It’s the same with a few of our players Perhaps, as I mentioned in the other thread, it’s time to be a bit more creative What a few clubs have done, in a similar position, is look for swap deals, even if it means we have to subsidise part of their wages. 
What we definitely shouldn’t do, is what we have done in the past, leave them sat on their backsides, still getting that big salary, while we bring in others to duplicate the position. For instance, I don’t really have an issue with bringing in Dunkley, as long as a defender is going out first

• Like 1

Yeh I’ve just got that horribly wrong haven’t I , meant to put Borner and then ship out either Van Aken or Lees 

Surely we would be looking at Dunkley or Venancio , don’t see us needing 2 centre half’s coming in 

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 11/08/2020 at 09:23, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is he related to Errol ? If so it’s OK with Fred.

I hope okay Fred is the new run out tune.

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Dunkley, Iorfa , Van Aken and Lees 

Could be worse 

Agreed. Not sure where it leaves us in terms of left foot/right foot balance. But having options without needing to put Palmer or Odubajo in a central defensive position should help. 

Guest timrud

I just spoke to a Wigan mate and he said Dunkley getting dropped was the catalyist for their good form at the end of the season. Didn't rate him.

But we should give him a chance, Wigan can make any good player look bad after all.

1 minute ago, timrud said:

I just spoke to a Wigan mate and he said Dunkley getting dropped was the catalyist for their good form at the end of the season. Didn't rate him.

But we should give him a chance, Wigan can make any good player look bad after all.

So it begins :duntmatter:

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1