Chey Dunkley

Guest wilyfox
44 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Judge also damaged ligaments.  Dunkley must be a fast healer if he was only in a cast for 3 weeks 

No he didn't. It was a tib/fib double-break. 

Sam Morsey is quality as for dunkley was big solid bit of pace chips in with goals all that before leg break. As someone posted earlier easier to come back from than cruciate that coming from someone who should know unfortunately 😩

58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure our strategy should be about raiding Wigan, apart from a hot run at the end of the season, they’ve been pretty poo The only two players worth taking, are Robinson and Lowe, probably the only ones we haven’t been linked with They were perhaps unlucky to be relegated in the end, but they’ve been in and around the relegation places for a few years now. Certainly not much there to get excited about

They have players who would improve our team, and its the market we're shopping in, pretty straight forward really. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

They have players who would improve our team, and its the market we're shopping in, pretty straight forward really. 

I’ve seen us linked with 9 of their players, why? Just saying that’s the market we are shopping in, is too defeatist. If our aspiration is merely to replicate Wigan, then don’t be surprised if we to, end up in League One. Robinson is a good player, but we’ve probably missed the boat with him. Lowe also might be worth a punt. The rest, meh, lower end championship players at best. The likes of Morsy and Dunkley are 28, and have spent their entire career at that level, or below

• Haha 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Wigan have a lot of players who are decent in the championship and they showed that toward the end of last season. We want to show that kind of character so why not look to bring some of them in?

That run was indeed outstanding, and in the end they were unlucky to be relegated. However, relegated they were, and to be honest, it had been coming, as they’d been flirting with relegation for a few years. 
You could look at it another way, if those players were decent, you might also question their character, as for the most part, they’ve struggled in this league

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve seen us linked with 9 of their players, why? Just saying that’s the market we are shopping in, is too defeatist. If our aspiration is merely to replicate Wigan, then don’t be surprised if we to, end up in League One. Robinson is a good player, but we’ve probably missed the boat with him. Lowe also might be worth a punt. The rest, meh, lower end championship players at best. The likes of Morsy and Dunkley are 28, and have spent their entire career at that level, or below

Morsy is decent mate. He’s a good defensive midfielder with leadership qualities. I’m all for bringing in young players with pace, athleticism and energy but I wouldn’t mind morsy to give us that experience and steel in the middle. 

He would definitely improve us and he’s much better than a bottom half champ player.

No chance with Robinson - he should get a prem move. 

• Like 3

We have experience in midfield don’t we? I agree we need someone who can play the Morsy role, but I’d be looking for someone with a bit more quality. Someone with a bit more height and physical presence, as we are quite a small side in midfield

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That run was indeed outstanding, and in the end they were unlucky to be relegated. However, relegated they were, and to be honest, it had been coming, as they’d been flirting with relegation for a few years. 
You could look at it another way, if those players were decent, you might also question their character, as for the most part, they’ve struggled in this league

They came up and stopped up and should’ve stopped up again but for their owners. We won’t be taking players from teams at the top of the league. 

With the attitude of our team in the last couple of years we’d have struggled to even get out of league one.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 2

I do like the sound of the lad. Seems he chips in with goals as well but a double break of his leg and not playing since the restart has to be a slight concern. Will he ever be the same player as he was before the injury. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We have experience in midfield don’t we? I agree we need someone who can play the Morsy role, but I’d be looking for someone with a bit more quality. Someone with a bit more height and physical presence, as we are quite a small side in midfield

Anyone in mind? 

Guest Smackavolley
11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It was coming?

Wigan were deducted points and as a result they were relegated. They'd have finished halfway without the deduction and I bet they were a top six side based on games after xmas. Wigan were starting to produce some very good young players as well.

Guest Smackavolley
7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Strange article to publish if it’s not fairly certain he’s coming to us?  What if in 10 mins it’s announced he’s joined Bristol city.  Dom would look rather foolish...

It's a fact. He DOES look rather foolish. Face for radio, that lad. 😄

45 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Strange article to publish if it’s not fairly certain he’s coming to us?  What if in 10 mins it’s announced he’s joined Bristol city.  Dom would look rather foolish...

Not really strange. All examiners are localised, but they their parent group Reach recycle stories. So they will probably reuse Dom's story with every club he is linked too

• Like 1