Sean Clare

Will be interest to see how much Oxford pay for him and how long before he ends up in the championship or higher. by all accounts has done well in Scotland but need to be playing at a higher level to show if he is good enough.

• Haha 1

I don't think this is the fall from grace that some people are making out it is.

He's joined a team who will be expected to get promoted to the Championship next season, so could easily be lining up against us in 12 months, or dare I say it, playing in a division higher than us in the worst case scenario.

I'm sure he'll be on a good wage and have a nice place down there too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad

I don't really understand the desperation for him to fail

Same with George Hirst

You're like sad jilted lovers. Quite sad from (supposedly) grown men

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Same with George Hirst

Yup.

I think this thread could come back to haunt people in 12 months time.

Elliot Frear was signed for free then given away for free by Forest Green Rovers... 

i saw him play in League2 a few times - his signing softens the blow ?? 

in that case, I don’t think we’re missing Clare at Wednesday 

😑

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not sure who it was against but in one game he really looked the part looked so comfortable on the ball. 

Thought that if he could maintain that level then he has a future in Championship football. 

Would be interesting to know his and his agents thought process why they took the decisions they did.

If he gets plenty of game time then hopefully a club higher up will notice him, and he can get his career back on track. 

It was villa at home..then he went all billy big ballax

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Haunt us because he’s playing in the championship where he could’ve been playing for the last 2/3 years...

It'll haunt those who laughed at him saying he's fallen from grace by going to Oxford if it happens and we are watching on from League One, yes

Edited by Carbone
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Carbone said:

It'll haunt those who laughed at him saying he's fallen from grace by going to Oxford if it happens and we are watching on from League One, yes

I think the point was more that he moved on with a view to playing above this level a couple of years ago and could’ve had that championship experience already had he stayed, but yes I see what you mean. Like a competition at who can mess it up the most.

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Same with George Hirst

Always found it odd. A chap who has played and contributed to a club gets more stick than someone who has never played for a club (unless the player in question left the club when he was crap, that's okay). We're a strange bunch football fans

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think the point was more that he moved on with a view to playing above this level a couple of years ago and could’ve had that championship experience already had he stayed, but yes I see what you mean. Like a competition at who can mess it up the most.

Down to him that in fairness. He didn’t quite make the grade at Hearts so he has had to drop down a level again to build his career. Got (deserved) pelters for his early performances but when he moved to full back he looked better. Stendel got more out of him too but he has gone now as well. To be fair mate I think it’s  doubtful he’d have done much at Hillsborough either if he had stayed. 

He got a big pay rise going to Edinburgh, played in front of a full house every second week, played in cup semis and finals, derby matches and old firm games, and trained in an excellent setup. I can see why he did it. If he was more of a success then he probably would have got a better move than this one. 

I wish him well, he improved as time went on at Hearts but he’s not a massive loss for Hearts and he wasn’t for Wednesday either.