Sean Clare

Great move for him, but the write ups a classic..... obvious he was utter crap the first half of the season.
No reason for them to word it like that, other than he was as big a bellend when he arrived, as when he left us. lol

reads like..

Bye #flair you were crap for most part and we've someone better coming in to take your place... good luck.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Where have Oxford found £100,000 + for him?

Their owner, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, is fairly wealthy, making his money initially in textiles/garments for the likes of Adidas, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, New Balance and also in property development. He also sold his controlling stake in Reading to a Chinese consortium in 2018,

He also knows DC and his brother quite well too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Their owner, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, is fairly wealthy, making his money initially in textiles/garments for the likes of Adidas, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, New Balance and also in property development. He also sold his controlling stake in Reading to a Chinese consortium in 2018,

He also knows DC and his brother quite well too.

Could he do a job for us?

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
36 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Their owner, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, is fairly wealthy,

Not surprised if he sells shirts with his name on it.

That's an absolute cracker.

Oxford could be a decent platform for him. But he had a great opportunity here and turned it down to just go backwards IMO. He looked really good driving forward with the ball but perhaps less so without it. 

I understand he got better recently but there was a fanfare about his arrival at Hearts and he was bigging himself up only to fall flat on his face. Having to revert to full back rather than building on the promise he showed in central midfield says a lot. The same thing happened to Liam Palmer, who has become a good right back but it seemed like a “safe” move of position at the time to make the most of athleticism without worrying about losing the ball in the centre of the pitch. 

Edited by Bluesteel

I also wonder if swfc will get a slice of that 300k as Hearts had to pay us minimal compensation as classed as a separate league but that sometimes has sell on stipulations. From that POV it’s a shame he didn’t fulfill his promise and earn a bigger move 

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

Looked so good in one of the games for us as well (Derby?)

Not sure who it was against but in one game he really looked the part looked so comfortable on the ball. 

Thought that if he could maintain that level then he has a future in Championship football. 

Would be interesting to know his and his agents thought process why they took the decisions they did.

If he gets plenty of game time then hopefully a club higher up will notice him, and he can get his career back on track. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

What happened to Hearts is a disgrace, and makes a mockery of sport.

For all the whining about the return of football being unsafe, apart from odd cases here and there, it's been fine and all the real footballing leagues in Europe carried on eventually, rightly so.

Why what happened to Hearts other than finishing bottom of their league, significantly adrift of the next team and getting relegated?

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Their owner, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, 

Thank God hes not our owner

Can you imagine trying to fit that into a chant wanting him OUT

For those mocking, we weren’t that far ahead of Oxford last season, and had things turned out differently, might have passed each other post Wembley. Think he’ll do well there, but when was he converted to a full back?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For those mocking, we weren’t that far ahead of Oxford last season, and had things turned out differently, might have passed each other post Wembley. Think he’ll do well there, but when was he converted to a full back?

He played there at Gillingham but went to CAM here and initially at Hearts. Guess he must’ve reverted back middle of last season.

As for the Oxford comparison. It’s more the point he left here as he thought he could move upwards in the league tier with Villa or even Spurs rumoured. Its not like he was binned off by us as we wanted him to play at this level for us. Had he done so he might’ve put himself in a more frequented shop window 

Edited by Bluesteel

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He played there at Gillingham but went to CAM here and initially at Hearts. Guess he must’ve reverted back middle of last season.

As for the Oxford comparison. It’s more the point he left here as he thought he could move upwards in the league tier with Villa or even Spurs rumoured. Its not like he was binned off by us as we wanted him to play at this level for us. Had he done so he might’ve put himself in a more frequented shop window 

Thanks, I didn’t realise he’d played full back previously

He's a FB now? 

I don't understand the hate - personally hope he does well. 

I big myself up daily, I self promote daily, no one gives me hassle for it. 

He's hardly going to state to the world on social media that he's a poor footballer.....this game is built on success / achievement, that self confidence could be the difference at some point

#flair

• Like 1