Miles Off

Hector and Onomah both looked very good for Fulham. All the teams that have made the top 6 can play but also have a strong mix of solidity, leaders and athleticism in their teams. Yes, we look miles away at present but so did teams like Swansea and Cardiff and others, not long ago.

We need to build a good solid blend of battlers and ball players, with youth and experience. It will take time but it's possible at this level to turn an average or below average team into a top 6 challenging side. My concerns are our recruitment and Monk so far hasn't shown any positive signs that he can be the right man to rebuild us and take us forward in the right direction. Time will tell but things can change in football. Hopefully somehow our time will come again soon. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Relegation battle next season for us. 

No chance of seeing what the transfer window brings before start waving white flags ??  😅

8 minutes ago, heppers said:

Just watchedCardiff v Fulham.

We are miles away in terms of quality, application and tactics.

Are you surprised?

We finished 16th, one of them could well be in the Premier League next season. 

We also have a major rebuild to come this summer in terms of transfers as will be the case for a fair few clubs at this level. Time will tell if we are able to improve, can't get much worse than the past 7 months though can we?

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

No chance of seeing what the transfer window brings before start waving white flags ??  😅

We just don't know what will happen do we, it's not as if we are the only club that have a major rebuild coming in the next few weeks. Doubt many people 2 or 3 seasons ago were touting the likes of Baldock, Basham, Fleck and O Connell as Premier League players.

We gave Fulham more problems in the second half of our match at their place than Cardiff did all match...if we'd have defended properly we would have got something...that's with Mitrovic

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 5

Guest mkowl

I don't think we are far off the likes of Cardiff or Swansea.

What Brentford have done is gradually build a squad - getting better each season - which should have been our approach post Wembley

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I don't think we are far off the likes of Cardiff or Swansea.

What Brentford have done is gradually build a squad - getting better each season - which should have been our approach post Wembley

I thought Brentford's plan was to buy players cheap and sell them on for profit? I mean this season alone they signed 13 players and sold or released 8, it's hardly in the 'building a squad over time' category...

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Minton said:

I thought Brentford's plan was to buy players cheap and sell them on for profit? I mean this season alone they signed 13 players and sold or released 8, it's hardly in the 'building a squad over time' category...

Well that is part of the process with them, it is what we got totally wrong. That sometimes a popular player should be moved on if it permits 2 to 3 new players coming in

Whilst I agree 3 of the Playoff teams receive parachute payments, you know the ones that the PL doesn't think makes a difference. The other is a very successful Moneyball team.

Anything but automatic promotion should be a failure for that Fulham team.

I hate to say this, but I saw this next period coming back in October 2018. I actually made the prediction to the guys I go to the games with and sadly, it's come true.

I quoted a few teams at the time, especially Derby, and also L**ds, and yet they have both progressed - L**ds sadly being the second ugly sister going to the ball. However, if we look at what PNE have achieved over the last few seasons, all is not lost. Far from it. Look at Millwall this season, and Blackburn too. I know this is an obvious statement, and maybe hard to achieve in one season, but with the right recruitment, with the right blend of experience, youthful energy and without a doubt, players with a footballing brain, all is not lost.

Cinderella will get her chance.

Cardiff certainly aren’t miles better than us. We must start to play football though, no more of this percentage stuff, it’s dreadful Two things give me hope, one is that Monk has managed footballing sides previously, in Swansea and Leeds Secondly, the type of players we’ve been rumoured to chasing

• Like 2