Miles Off

And yet we drew with both of them this season. 

We aren't miles off, the margins in this league are incredibly tight. Thing is there are about 16 teams every year who think they can go up, and are all scrapping for the same thing. 

• Like 1

They have top players with the right attitude and managers who play a style to get the best out of them.

We had top players but with the wrong attitude and a crap manager with no style who has either alienated or got rid of them. 

Spot the difference

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, heppers said:

Just watchedCardiff v Fulham.

We are miles away in terms of quality, application and tactics.

of course they are thats why we are trying to revamp our squad ..we have to do it with cheapo's freebies and loans oh and cut the wage bill  at the same time . 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, heppers said:

Tbh I thought the same when I wer watching Wycombe v oxford

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I hate to say this, but I saw this next period coming back in October 2018. I actually made the prediction to the guys I go to the games with and sadly, it's come true.

I quoted a few teams at the time, especially Derby, and also L**ds, and yet they have both progressed - L**ds sadly being the second ugly sister going to the ball. However, if we look at what PNE have achieved over the last few seasons, all is not lost. Far from it. Look at Millwall this season, and Blackburn too. I know this is an obvious statement, and maybe hard to achieve in one season, but with the right recruitment, with the right blend of experience, youthful energy and without a doubt, players with a footballing brain, all is not lost.

Cinderella will get her chance.

Cinderella is now 55 and still cant pull tho mate.

11 hours ago, mkowl said:

Well that is part of the process with them, it is what we got totally wrong. That sometimes a popular player should be moved on if it permits 2 to 3 new players coming in

We don’t sell family

11 hours ago, Django said:

Cardiff looked miles off us at Christmas, things change quickly in football

Indeed then they brought in Neil Harris a manager who played the type of football best for the players he had, didn't try to reinvent the wheel and they are progress great add to that his management style.

Just can of shows where we could have been had we got the correct manager who played to the teams strengths.

We are going NOWHERE until we have an owner who actually knows something about football. Our present incumbent is absolutely clueless

about the game, or appointing the right people in the right departments. Doyen have taken us and Chansiri to the cleaners completely.  

The players should be the responsibility of the Manager - the Manager should be the responsibility of the Owner. We have a hopeless owner at present.

Nothing will happen until he sells up to someone else who actually knows what they are doing. Be that in the next year, 5 years 10 years. With Chansiri nothing will change

except a long slow decline in this club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you surprised?

We finished 16th, one of them could well be in the Premier League next season. 

We also have a major rebuild to come this summer in terms of transfers as will be the case for a fair few clubs at this level. Time will tell if we are able to improve, can't get much worse than the past 7 months though can we?

Yeah,the last 5 Years....

Guest mrbluesky
13 hours ago, heppers said:

No **** Sherlock.

17 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Forest looked terrible last season, this season nearly made it to the play-offs, and probably should have done.

Football can quickly change. 

i was watching an archived Sky 2015 Championship review last night, Wolves featured quite heavily having just got promoted from League 1.

Not drawing comparisons. 

Just showing how quickly things can change in football.

To be tipping us for relegation next year before we have any clue as what the team will be, just reflects the pathetic attitude of the "May as well give in now" brigade. 

We also saw it when people were saying DC should just keel over & accept the EFL verdict rather than challenge it.

You wouldn't want to be relying on them with something more serious. Imagine them in the Falklands, we're miles from home & surrounded by Argies.

"Ah sod it, we've got no chance, let have have Port Stanley".

• Like 2

Cardiff looked miles off us when we played them down there this last season. 

Another game we should have put to bed in first half. 

I didn't think Cardiff were very good last night either, Fulham were much better. 

I expect Brentford to turn other tie around which should make for a good final. 

17 hours ago, heppers said:

How far would you say we were away "in terms of quality, application and tactics"  from the top teams in 2015 when we finished as no hopers in 15th? 

And yet the year after we were a gnats away from getting promotion. 

I love the Goldfish mentality on here, where people's memories don't extend beyond 7 seconds.

The situation NOW, may not be the situation AT THE END OF NEXT SEASON. Things change rapidly. ALL THE TIME. 

Guest mrbluesky
24 minutes ago, heppers said:

Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed my insightful observation.

:tango:

Here to help, never to hinder pal! :biggrin:

On 27/07/2020 at 22:45, CalmJimmers said:

And yet we drew with both of them this season. 

We aren't miles off, the margins in this league are incredibly tight. Thing is there are about 16 teams every year who think they can go up, and are all scrapping for the same thing. 

Listen pal, when I am offering up well written poetic punditry, the last thing I need is people like you spouting facts. Do one.

• Haha 1