• Sam Hutchinson
  • Morgan Fox
  • Sam Winnall
  • Atdhe Nuhiu

As a fan what do YOU want?

You wanted money off the wage bill - there you go

You want the chairman to cut his cloth accordingly?  There  you go

You want to replace the older/ageing players with new ones? There you go

Does it make you happy? Is this what you want/wanted?

All I want is an owner who knows what he is doing, or recruiting people who do know what they are doing and listening to them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The key was post the Wembley loss to Hull to sit back and identify where the squad needed strengthening - but with a plan in place to identify and try to recruit younger ones to fit in and potentially be a saleable asset.

Instead we acquired off the shelf, expensive but injury prone players and a manager in Carlos who seemed incapable of integrating a good proportion of said players into the team.

We bought players in areas we didn't need. We wanted another CB and a physical mobile midfielder. We got Abdi and then Winnall and Rhodes together, no strategy in terms of strengthening the key areas needed in that. 

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The key was post the Wembley loss to Hull to sit back and identify where the squad needed strengthening - but with a plan in place to identify and try to recruit younger ones to fit in and potentially be a saleable asset.

Instead we acquired off the shelf, expensive but injury prone players and a manager in Carlos who seemed incapable of integrating a good proportion of said players into the team.

so you want to go back in time??

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Player or manager 👀👀

(To those not in the loop, on Owlstalk David Jones' salary is the subject of an ongoing joke when discussing how much DC is spunking down the drain on player salaries. It began as a progressively growing number, but now it's established to be in the billions)

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In the past year or so Sheffield Wednesday have released/lost :

• Gary Hooper
  • Daniel Pudil
  • Marco Matias
  • Alman Abdi
  • George Boyd
  • David Jones
  • Fernando Forestieri
  • Steven Fletcher
  • Sam Hutchinson
  • Morgan Fox
  • Sam Winnall
  • Atdhe Nuhiu

As a fan what do YOU want?

You wanted money off the wage bill - there you go

You want the chairman to cut his cloth accordingly?  There  you go

You want to replace the older/ageing players with new ones? There you go

Does it make you happy? Is this what you want/wanted?

Totally depends on what the incoming quality is like.

I want this club to stop being a sorry case has been living in the past sleeping giant. Where for years smaller clubs with much better ownership and structure have consistently embarrased us by overtaking us in so many ways off the pitch. 

We have to lay some foundations in all areas of the club. Everything Chansiri has done has been built on nothing and has been a short term gamble. Its cost us a lot and I despise the notion that this is acceptable. It's caused us several seasons of poo and is about to cause more. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1. An experienced football man as Director of Football, as a long term appointment, who sets up the football structures at all levels.

2. A first team manager with a track record of success who get get the best out of players and can handle any big name players.

• Like 4

Biggest summer we've had in a long time. 

Going to be a very different team. 

Could be quite exciting, could be a complete letdown. Does the club have a plan in place or are they going to sign any old rubbish? 

Strap yourselves in kids - it's going to be one helluva of a toboggan ride! 

• Like 4

Just now, 4evaowl said:

1. An experienced football man as Director of Football, as a long term appointment, who sets up the football structures at all levels.

2. A first team manager with a track record of success who get get the best out of players and can handle any big name players.

And some big name players of course..

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SiJ said:

Biggest summer we've had in a long time. 

Going to be a very different team. 

Could be quite exciting, could be a complete letdown. Does the club have a plan in place or are they going to sign any old rubbish? 

Strap yourselves in kids - it's going to be one helluva of a toboggan ride! 

I'd be surprised if we have a plan in place. We don't even know what league we will be in. We don't have a manager contracted for next season and we quite blatantly have proven that our squad management is beyond apalling. 

If we someone build a strong and promising team over the next couple of years I'll be very impressed and completely surprised. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I'd be surprised if we have a plan in place. We don't even know what league we will be in. We don't have a manager contracted for next season and we quite blatantly have proven that our squad management is beyond apalling. 

If we someone build a strong and promising team over the next couple of years I'll be very impressed and completely surprised. 

Come on. 

Can we at least let the sh*show ensue before we start reaching for the cyanide? 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed mate

On a 1 to 10 scale - how confident are you currently that we're gonna get it right?

As I said in another thread earlier I find it quite bizarre that the owner gets very heated when anyone asks him about the role of the man Steve Bruce described as part of the fabric of the club yet he will not tell us what his exact role is, even though he is very often present. 

We made some decent signings in the summer relative to the budget we had but you have to wonder how much of that was down to Bruce and the January transfer window wasn't entirely positive. 

Not knowing where we stand regarding the EFL case doesn't help at all but even then you have to wonder if there is a cohesive plan to the benefit of the team.

A big thing was made about the transfer committee when Chansiri took over and initial signings like Bannan, Forestieri, Pudil, Hunt, Hooper were very good. Once the members of that committee were relieved of their duties because the owner no longer needed their advice things got significantly worse. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

As I said in another thread earlier I find it quite bizarre that the owner gets very heated when anyone asks him about the role of the man Steve Bruce described as part of the fabric of the club yet he will not tell us what his exact role is, even though he is very often present. 

We made some decent signings in the summer relative to the budget we had but you have to wonder how much of that was down to Bruce and the January transfer window wasn't entirely positive. 

Not knowing where we stand regarding the EFL case doesn't help at all but even then you have to wonder if there is a cohesive plan to the benefit of the team.

A big thing was made about the transfer committee when Chansiri took over and initial signings like Bannan, Forestieri, Pudil, Hunt, Hooper were very good. Once the members of that committee were relieved of their duties because the owner no longer needed their advice things got significantly worse. 

Could you put a number out of 10 on it though?

I can't

It's all such a misty smokey mess Its impossible to even say how confident I am that we can sort any of it out

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop