What exactly do YOU want?

I’m sure the chairman asked us this previously and we answered that we would like to continue to pay high ticket prices to see quality player. 

Now my season ticket price is still £555 for the season, however I don’t think the chairman is going to stick to his side of the bargain........

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Some of my very favourite players on that list - Hooper, Fletcher and Atdhe. 

But it’s a sad indictment of the last few years that not one player off that list was a regular FIT starter. Fox comes closest to that description. 

It's more of an indictment that when you think what that lot cost, the wages they were on and they all left on frees.

£100m wasted to be worst off than when he started.

What I want is a sustainable, competitive team, that want to play for the club. A chairman who values the fans not rips then off and companies that exist involved in the club. Not the chairman's name on the stands, the shirts, the seats, the advertising.

Oh and final I want a competent manager and coaching staff that improve players not make them worse.

And being really greedy how about more than 10 goals in 23 home games in the first half, though that might be pushing my luck a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Could you put a number out of 10 on it though?

I can't

It's all such a misty smokey mess Its impossible to even say how confident I am that we can sort any of it out

Out of 10, if you class 7 as decent I would be happy with that, as you say it could really be anything but I'm not optimistic in the sense that I think it would be more likely to be a 4 or 5 than an 8 or a 9. 

Guest mkowl
14 minutes ago, dowls said:

so you want to go back in time??

Only on the basis of not making the same mistakes again

4 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

I’m sure the chairman asked us this previously and we answered that we would like to continue to pay high ticket prices to see quality player. 

Now my season ticket price is still £555 for the season, however I don’t think the chairman is going to stick to his side of the bargain........

This is a hilarious part of SWFC folklore that people will always use. Not saying you are. 

If I'm being honest I did want the owner to keep investing, who wouldn't. What I didn't expect was it to be done completely unsustainably and hugely threatening to our progress.

If the question had been phrased, 'would you like swfc to continue investing in past it, injury prone, valueless, has beens which will enter us into a mid to long term cycle of FFP courtroom drama, I might have said... not for me thanks. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yes, not pining over many on that list. 

Some should have been sold earlier, some weren't needed and some simply did a decent job to the end of their contract but wouldn't have attracted much of a fee if sold earlier anyway.

The problem may continue to be recruitment though if players are not picked wisely this summer.

And WHERE exactly are these players now???  Exactly....

4 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

It was a ridiculous question, it should never have been asked because a few weeks later the club were informed that they would be under a transfer embargo. You can't ask the fans that kind of question, actively make public the result that the majority would like to continue with the same spending policy so as to keep the prices high and then be restricted from spending in the transfer market. 

The club cannot have been oblivious to the fact that they were in danger of an embargo at that time and if they were then that would be even more concerning.  

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This is a hilarious part of SWFC folklore that people will always use. Not saying you are. 

If I'm being honest I did want the owner to keep investing, who wouldn't. What I didn't expect was it to be done completely unsustainably and hugely threatening to our progress.

If the question had been phrased, 'would you like swfc to continue investing in past it, injury prone, valueless, has beens which will enter us into a mid to long term cycle of FFP courtroom drama, I might have said... not for me thanks. 

The question was asked around February 2018 - the spending did not continue at the same rate.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It was a ridiculous question, it should never have been asked because a few weeks later the club were informed that they would be under a transfer embargo. You can't ask the fans that kind of question, actively make public the result that the majority would like to continue with the same spending policy so as to keep the prices high and then be restricted from spending in the transfer market. 

The club cannot have been oblivious to the fact that they were in danger of an embargo at that time and if they were then that would be even more concerning.  

They did however enjoy concealing the embargo from fans allowing a toxic distrust to build amongst the fanbase which was continued to grow to this day and was the beginning of the apathy and anger that exists today. All of which recreates the cycle of negative relationships between the club and the lifeblood that blindly follows it through thick and thin. 

• Thanks 1

Gary Hooper - Wellington Phoenix.

Daniel Pudil - FK Mladá Boleslav.

Marco Matias - Belenenses SAD.

Almen Abdi - Retired.

George Boyd - Peterborough.

David Jones - Retired.

Fernando Forestieri - Unknown.

Steven Fletcher - Unknown.

Sam Hutchinson - Unknown.

Morgan Fox - Unknown.

Sam Winnall - Unknown.

Atdhe Nuhiu - Unknown.

Not exactly setting the world alight, are/were they?  It was arguably the perfect time for all of them to leave and us to get new blood in.  Younger, hungrier, fitter, more athletic players. 

We as fans, need to make sure that we give any younger players we get in more time, however.  We are really not the best at nurturing young talent.  We are far too impatient as a fan base.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Django said:

I’d rather have a manager who has a track record of some success to be putting this plan together 

And how do we attract one of those from pray tell, because as things stand no self respecting manager with decent credentials would touch us.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The question was asked around February 2018 - the spending did not continue at the same rate.

Oh I know that, we got to enjoy the censorship of the transfer embargo. I think the only way we found out was via usb sticks floated into the ground on balloons. This revealed the truthm 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

They did however enjoy concealing the embargo from fans allowing a toxic distrust to build amongst the fanbase which was continued to grow to this day and was the beginning of the apathy and anger that exists today. All of which recreates the cycle of negative relationships between the club and the lifeblood that blindly follows it through thick and thin. 

It's sad that it is difficult to argue against that, it left a very sour taste.