Wildsmith

I’m shocked that in lineups suggested for final game he’s still in goals in all of them. How bad is Dawson in training or is his card already marked? 

Just seems odd. 

I guess neither have really covered selves in glory, but I’d have thought with new system we’d give more protection, yet concede for fun? 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I’m shocked that in lineups suggested for final game he’s still in goals in all of them. How bad is Dawson in training or is his card already marked? 

Just seems odd. 

I guess neither have really covered selves in glory, but I’d have thought with new system we’d give more protection, yet concede for fun? 

Monk probably hadn’t forgotten Dawson’s wretched form pre-lockdown. Pretty sure he’d have been dropped next game.

Can’t blame Monk for giving Wildsmith a go, and he’s done ok so far until the last game

I was so pleased when he came in and got given a chance but the last few weeks his positioning has been appalling. Tonight we wasn't anything special but we were the better team in the second half and that goal was a joke, firstly from a defensive perspective and secondly his positioning and handling of the ball for the second goal. 

I hope we get better in this department next season i really do as we are really showing how much we depended on Westwood.