Wildsmith

Guest mrbluesky
6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I mean in terms of the angle both keepers take the positioning is totally different but if you think this vindicates your point you can go to bed happy with Wildsmith's performance, great.

Oh my days😂 , I forgive your stupidity,as me keeping you up to post in the early hours has effected your vision, they are VERY, VERY similar situations, with EXACTLY the same outcome,  hence me posting it 🤣.

Jeez kid, don`t be afraid to disagree with Neil, remember , being a Guru isn`t for everyone 

Yours, The Guru  

Guest mrbluesky

For 

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No!

Awww! this is sweet, I feel a bromance coming on here  👨‍❤️‍👨

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Deserves criticism for grass cutting goals and  beaten at his near post 

Correct, but you`d think the meltdown from the thread author and co, that he was at fault for all five, it`s all about seeing it from a team perspective, when looking at individual errors.

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Not sure what good hammering wildsmith on here will do . Those goals don’t look good but that entire defence isn’t good full stop. Probs need a number 1 (and no that doesn’t include creeky crock , kick into the south stand , gaff a game Westwood either ) 

Monk was quoted as saying  "Schoolboy defending" , the back 3 were a shambles, It`s the Wendy way to make A player the villain, when in fact there 10 other players out there, I`m sure the "boo boys" are chomping at the bit to get back to Hillsborough, you can see them on here with their posting style, it`s sad tbh. 

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wildsmith hasn't been on loan since 2015 and Dawson since 2017 and hardly made many appearances anyway. Both could have done with a proper spell as a number 1 at League One level to gain experience and learn from mistakes rather than being thrown in to the Championship, they make too many errors at this level.

League 1 clubs don't mind you making mistakes and they use 5 a side nets aswell

8 hours ago, Ian said:

De Gea had dropped as many clangers this season as Dawson and Wildsmith....as have Pickford, Allison, ederson...the list is endless

And our home grown players don’t get cut more slack - they get more grief in my experience......almost a jealousy thing of people their age doing what they dream of doing on a gazillion times more money than they will earn in a lifetime.

Bring back the disagree icon.

lol

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He's trying way too hard Sarge ...

Sid.png.ae4c3f066a65249cade757e5eace941b.png

Imagine the meltdown on here if one of keepers was to get beaten by a long range missile from the boot of Steve Ogrizovic.

Although the sales of men trunks would go through the roof. 

• Haha 2

Guest The Horse

For the first goal - wouldn't it have been easier to just use his feet and trap the ball / take it under control?
It was basically a back pass. No need to dive for it.
Bad day at the office for him today but played two clean sheets previously so deserved his place.
Prefer Wildsmith to Dawson simply for his kicking. Got a reyt boot on him has Joe.

Not sure whether his performance yesterday deserves a thread like this beating him.

Yes, he gets beat from distance and it wasn’t a good day but I don’t mind wildsmith. He’s pretty calm and he does a lot right, he just needs to work on a few areas. Get behind him. Typical Wednesday fans - berate our own players. 

• Like 1

WildSmith didn’t have the best game yesterday but he’s getting hammered for the second goal? Look at Tom Lees in the first picture. He can see mitrovic has the run on borner so he needs to decide whether to step up and attack the ball or cover the runner. Instead he just ambles back in the centre of the goal at a pace which makes Borner look like Usain Bolt. 

Shocking from Borner to be so far behind his man and shocking from Lees, the situation should have been dealt with before even getting to wildsmith.

1F364FFD-CDE7-457C-805C-C4633BFA0B29.png

E3362B89-DD19-4CFE-B339-F6ADBEDB167F.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Horse said:

For the first goal - wouldn't it have been easier to just use his feet and trap the ball / take it under control?
It was basically a back pass. No need to dive for it.
Bad day at the office for him today but played two clean sheets previously so deserved his place.
Prefer Wildsmith to Dawson simply for his kicking. Got a reyt boot on him has Joe.

I prefer Wildsmith to Dawson, simply to do with his calmness. Dawson just makes too many stupid and ridiculous clangers. 

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

WildSmith didn’t have the best game yesterday but he’s getting hammered for the second goal? Look at Tom Lees in the first picture. He can see mitrovic has the run on borner so he needs to decide whether to step up and attack the ball or cover the runner. Instead he just ambles back in the centre of the goal at a pace which makes Borner look like Usain Bolt. 

Shocking from Borner to be so far behind his man and shocking from Lees, the situation should have been dealt with before even getting to wildsmith.

Obviously

But how does that change anything about Wildsmith's performance/positioning/angles?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Not sure whether his performance yesterday deserves a thread like this beating him.

Yes, he gets beat from distance and it wasn’t a good day but I don’t mind wildsmith. He’s pretty calm and he does a lot right, he just needs to work on a few areas. Get behind him. Typical Wednesday fans - berate our own players. 

Mate he's a goalkeeper that just let FIVE goals in, one from about 1234246 miles away that went in at his front post, one that went through his legs etc etc

It's not about berating anyone

It's about saying maybe just maybe he didn't play well enough and maybe isn't good enough for the Championship

Owlstalk Shop

As all on here may know, I always refer to the team, not individuals, yes, Wildsmith made 3 very poor mistakes and to be honest I prefer Dawson in goal, but having said that, there are 10 other players between Goal and attack and some where along the line they should have been stopped.

• Like 1