Great riposte!, you feeling a little silly now you`ve watched that? :image:

Guest mrbluesky
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Two

Watch the second one again

8 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Behave, it went through his legs, how many times do you see that happen? 100’s

Try and look at the people in front of him for both goals 🙄

I know you are trying to encourage debate, but unfortunately you are encouraging nonsense 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Second goal went right through Wildsmith's legs

5 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

I`m being sarcastic, I`m more pointing to this absurd thread 

Personally thought he had a decent game, his defense let him down, Neil said second goal was his fault as well 😂

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

When the highlights video hits YouTube I'll post it on here so we can ask people if they think Wildsmith's angles, his position and how much of the goal he left available, and having his legs wide open were perfect or not

We'll put it to the people

Fair?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 20.14.24.jpg

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Do yourself a favour

Never ever  EVER try to become a goalkeeping coach

lol

Keeper lets in 5 goals

Badly positioned

Lets in a goal at his front post (again)

Let's a goal in through his legs

And MrBlueSky wants to knight him and put up a bronze statue in his honour for an outstanding performance

lol

Just as easy?

Remind me how it went with him not making a challenge for the ball...

Oh yeah...

GOAL

So you're suggesting if he comes out and makes it harder for the striker it would be 'just as easy'???

Lovely logic

lol

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Think you are wasting your time.

He has already said he is happy to be in the minority on this matter as basically we have got it all wrong and he is some kind of goalkeeping guru.

Yeah

lol

I particularly like how he looks at the photo showing Wildsmith totally out of position as the striker approaches, with a wide open goal, and says there's nothing at all wrong with his positioning

That's the highlight so far

It's almost like he doesn't realise that everyone saw Wildsmith's performance for themself

I commented on it in the matchday thread as soon as it went in. As has been said, he completely overcompensated to not get beat at the near post again and covered 3-feet of the advertising board the wrong side of the post as a result -  thus giving Mitrovic all of the goal to aim at.

Big time

Just look at it..

If you're the striker and you see that whole space just open up in front of you all you have to do is tap the ball towards the left hand side and...

GOAL

The positioning here is just absolutely awful

Just watched it again and your picture doesn't really do it justice. He ends up WAY further to his left. 

I'm waiting  for the YouTube highlights video to come so we can embed it on here and show everyone who hasn't seen it yet so to demonstrate what nonsense MrBlueSky is talking

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 22.47.23.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 22.47.32.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 22.47.39.jpg

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

His reaction tells you he knows it's his fault. Just kept watching the 5th goal back, he takes a costly and needless jump to his near side before the strike giving him no chance of getting across again. Small margins at this level but our keepers get beat too easily. They lack any competitive experience before becoming number 1's at this level and should have had far more game time on loan prior to this. 

46 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

and make it difficult for one of the best strikers in the division by doing so. If he still gets beat fair enough but don't lay it on a plate by not doing all that you can and should.

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As I've said that isn't the worst picture as Mitrovic doesn't hit it at that point and goes further left when he is already overcompensating for the near post. 

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 23.04.47.jpg

Being a Guru isn`t for everyone boys😂, skip to 3.30, It`s weird dissecting Wildsmith`s positioning, for one of the worlds top keepers to do virtually the same thing today! what`s the bloody chances of that!?I mean it`s like they`ve been coached that way:image:  ...

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If Westwood is finished at Wednesday then we need a new keeper.

Dawson and Wildsmith have gone backwards and are not up to the job as our new number 1.

I think they get more slack because they are home grown, we want them to do well. Same as Palmer. 
Although all  three have little value in the transfer market, is that a reason to keep them ? For me, no. But then again, I can’t see the likes of David De Gea wanting to join us.

It would certainly help our keepers confidence if they had faith in what was in front of them - they don’t get much respite.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I think they get more slack because they are home grown, we want them to do well. Same as Palmer. 
Although all  three have little value in the transfer market, is that a reason to keep them ? For me, no. But then again, I can’t see the likes of David De Gea wanting to join us.

It would certainly help our keepers confidence if they had faith in what was in front of them - they don’t get much respite.

De Gea had dropped as many clangers this season as Dawson and Wildsmith....as have Pickford, Allison, ederson...the list is endless

And our home grown players don’t get cut more slack - they get more grief in my experience......almost a jealousy thing of people their age doing what they dream of doing on a gazillion times more money than they will earn in a lifetime.

Guest mrbluesky

For anyone interested, skip to 3.30 of the Ars v Man City game today,one of the worlds best keepers does virtually the same as Wildsmith, I mean it`s like they`ve been coached to deal with it that way, surely not!😂...

55 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We need a new keeper because even if Westwood is still good enough he’s not getting a look in with the clown show at the moment. Dawson has proved consistently he’s not good enough because he kept 2 clean sheets in about 25 games last season and apart from a half a dozen game spell before Xmas he’s managed a similar level of performance this season. That’s not to the level required.

Wildsmith should have been sent out for a proper loan a few years ago when he was about 21 and showed promise. He then stayed, had a few injuries and didn’t manage to dislodge a poor Dawson until the restart. Of the two he’s the one who seems capable of keeping some clean sheets, but he’s too inexperienced at age 25. We need better to be competitive assuming we stay up.

That’s just not true is it.....not even half true

if you are just going to make poo up you’d be better off staying stum

Guest mrbluesky
33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No

I`m enjoying this, Neil`s now reverting to "no comment"😂

Just for reference...skip to 3.30

Guest LondonOwl313
13 minutes ago, Ian said:

That’s just not true is it.....not even half true

if you are just going to make poo up you’d be better off staying stum

Which bits not true? You don't come across as particularly bright so maybe its you who should keep stum

Guest mrbluesky
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit weird these Arsenal fans trying to get us to watch their team 

Bit weird how you`ve gone quiet on Wildsmith since this little gem popped up 🤣...

Guest mrbluesky
16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit weird these Arsenal fans trying to get us to watch their team 

Still, "no comment", as well :image:

Here’s what I posted about Wildsmith in early 2018...

——

I think he has technical issues with his kicking, concentration issues and technical issues with low strikes from range

——

Kicking seems a bit more reliable, but still has the same issue with low strikes from range.

Unbelievable that 2.5 years on he’s currently our #1

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

For anyone interested, skip to 3.30 of the Ars v Man City game today,one of the worlds best keepers does virtually the same as Wildsmith, I mean it`s like they`ve been coached to deal with it that way, surely not!😂...

I mean in terms of the angle both keepers take the positioning is totally different but if you think this vindicates your point you can go to bed happy with Wildsmith's performance, great.