Wildsmith

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So our keeper should just give up?

No he needs to do better and work on it in training.. I’m sure the coaches will pick it up. But it’s not a mistake leading to a goal because it’s 95% going to be a goal anyway 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ten seconds into this video...

Someone explain to me exactly how their player manages to just pass it into the net, along the grass, from about 256 miles out

His reaction tells you he knows it's his fault. Just kept watching the 5th goal back, he takes a costly and needless jump to his near side before the strike giving him no chance of getting across again. Small margins at this level but our keepers get beat too easily. They lack any competitive experience before becoming number 1's at this level and should have had far more game time on loan prior to this. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Anyone blaming Wildsmith for the 2nd one must have peaked in football with Sensible Soccer. What’s he supposed to do with the best striker in the league clean through.  

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Get his angles right?

and make it difficult for one of the best strikers in the division by doing so. If he still gets beat fair enough but don't lay it on a plate by not doing all that you can and should.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

and make it difficult for one of the best strikers in the division by doing so. If he still gets beat fair enough but don't lay it on a plate by not doing all that you can and should.

Where would you stand in that picture above then? 

Just now, vulva said:

Go on. Where should he stand? Because that looks the perfect position to me. 

As I've said that isn't the worst picture as Mitrovic doesn't hit it at that point and goes further left when he is already overcompensating for the near post. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally don’t know if he or Dawson are up to the job of number 1 here. 

We need a new keeper because even if Westwood is still good enough he’s not getting a look in with the clown show at the moment. Dawson has proved consistently he’s not good enough because he kept 2 clean sheets in about 25 games last season and apart from a half a dozen game spell before Xmas he’s managed a similar level of performance this season. That’s not to the level required.

Wildsmith should have been sent out for a proper loan a few years ago when he was about 21 and showed promise. He then stayed, had a few injuries and didn’t manage to dislodge a poor Dawson until the restart. Of the two he’s the one who seems capable of keeping some clean sheets, but he’s too inexperienced at age 25. We need better to be competitive assuming we stay up.

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 23.04.47.jpg

Hey Neil, what a massive coincidence  today in Ars v Man City game, it`s like they are coached to make a judgement to stay and not rush out and guess what, his legs are wide open so he can get nutmeg! 😂😂😂😂

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 23.08.18.jpg

What MrBlueSky and Vulva see.

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 23.08.30.jpg

What Mitrovic sees....

You continue to prove me right

Guest mrbluesky

Go to 3.30, Ederson wants dropping for that clanger, whoever coached him wants sacking!!😂

Neil, you free to take over goal keeping coaching duties at CIteh? show him your stills on where he should be 😂

Watching that goal made me chuckle.