MONK OUT IN POLL

MONK OUT POLL  

524 members have voted

1. 1. MONK IN MONK OUT

• MONK OUT
    • MONK IN

Just now, trevdi9 said:

post-16047-0-79093100-1414085353_thumb.jpg

An honest man who knew how to get results and not leak goals with a limited squad.

What I wouldn't give for the alternate reality where he was given one season with half the finances Carlos was to see what would have happened

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

An honest man who knew how to get results and not leak goals with a limited squad.

What I wouldn't give for the alternate reality where he was given one season with half the finances Carlos was to see what would have happened

Agreed Student 

43 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I still think Mink was a panic interim choice, after we missed out on other targets 

He may do such a bad job though, that we have no other choice, but to keep him 

I honestly believe DC employed Monk because he knew a points deduction was a real possibility and Monk had worked under such conditions previously.

6 hours ago, mogbad said:

i've said Monk in, purely because nobody else of note is going to come in for 4 matches so we'd be stuck with Bullen. I don't believe Monk is the man to rebuild this squad but getting rid now would serve no purpose.

Ok so if you found your wife in bed with your best mate would you let him stay in your house until you sold it !!! 

can we have a poll on that one !! 

• Haha 1

We’re likely to lose the remaining games with Monk in charge. And it would be incredibly stupid to let him rebuild our squad. We need a pair of safe hands to rebuild, and that is certainly not Monk. 

Who was in charge of recruitment during Chansiri’s first full season? We did some decent business back then. 

Unfortunately, no proven manager will be interested in coming here, so unless we stumble over a gem of a manager, we’re in trouble. But whoever DC picks, he’ll got a better chance than Monk.

Edited by Shezza
  • Thanks 1

I’ve voted out. Out of desperation that a change in manager might give us a kick to the end of the season - get enough points on the board to not worry about relegation. I don’t think Monk is the root cause, I’m not convinced he’s the answer. There needs to be big changes at the club, but not just the manager. Chansiri has to take the biggest portion of blame, but the players have consistently let us down for a few seasons now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Ok so if you found your wife in bed with your best mate would you let him stay in your house until you sold it !!! 

can we have a poll on that one !! 

Yeah... I can see the correlation between those two scenarios.

:huh:

In any normal club Monk would have been fired a long time ago.

The horror shows under Monk have been even worse than under Luhukay and I would not have thought that possible:

SWFC 0 Blacburn 5

Luton 1 SWFC (Luton miissed a pen anf three sitters)

SWFC 0 Reading 3

Brentford 5 SWFC 0

SWFC 1 Preston 3 ( 1-0 up at 75 minutes)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those who say the season has been a disaster  - we were third at one point  with a decent part of the season gone.

Something happened at Christmas to put us in this malaise,  to start this terrible run.

You can't ignore the fact that Monk got us punching in third place..that means at some stage something he was doing was working..for me over and above expectations. 

Yeah we've had a bad run, but I think that has coincided with the spectre of a points deduction hanging over us, which took away any positivity within the club I reckon. 

Ultimately though, we will just get another 'Monk type' merry go round manager in if we sack him. 

Should we sack him, I'd go down the recently retired top pro who has done their coaching badges ( would show commitment to the career) route. Try something different.  

11 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

tbh I don't think he'd be a good manager in Asda. 

I get what you're saying..but I can't imagine managing an Asda being an easy job. Have you been to the one at Parson Cross? It's like the Royal Rumble at the marked down shelfs.

Think managing us would be easy compared with that  

• Thanks 1