THE EFL HEARING THREAD

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s quite simple really.  He, along with others, have identified a potential loophole to offset spending which aimed for success but ultimately failed inside a “system” that is inherently outdated and unfair.

You can argue all day about the journey that got us here.

You can speculate forever about the unknown details and the unknown outcome and eventual consequences but I think the motive is pretty clear.

All the clubs who have gone for the loophole have spent lots of money and just missed promotion apart from Villa who arguably are in the biggest trouble of all involved if they do get relegated.

They HAD to go up last year but even that may not have saved them IF they do come back down but the crime may have been worth the punishment.

You could actually argue ironically that we should have done a Wolves and properly gone for it to compete with the parachute payment clubs.

Last paragraph is the route we should have taken IMO.

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

OK, its been 5 years. Hes a bright bloke apparently. I question the gradient of the learning curve.

Me too!

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

The difference being, they had a top agent, who knew what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

OK, its been 5 years. Hes a bright bloke apparently. I question the gradient of the learning curve.

I think we've been more prudent of late and only time will tell, however why not put your name down for the next fans forum and have a chat with DC  he's quite approachable 😀

3 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Difference between us and Wolves is they appointed a manager who knows what he is doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

I think we've been more prudent of late and only time will tell, however why not put your name down for the next fans forum and have a chat with DC  he's quite approachable 😀

Im sure there are plenty of other people asking the same questions. Pretty certain me questioning would make no difference whatsoever. Happy to leave the flogging of a dead horse to someone else.

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s quite simple really.  He, along with others, have identified a potential loophole to offset spending which aimed for success but ultimately failed inside a “system” that is inherently outdated and unfair.

You can argue all day about the journey that got us here.

You can speculate forever about the unknown details and the unknown outcome and eventual consequences but I think the motive is pretty clear.

All the clubs who have gone for the loophole have spent lots of money and just missed promotion apart from Villa who arguably are in the biggest trouble of all involved if they do get relegated.

They HAD to go up last year but even that may not have saved them IF they do come back down but the crime may have been worth the punishment.

You could actually argue ironically that we should have done a Wolves and properly gone for it to compete with the parachute payment clubs.

You make it sound like this was his master plan all along. Sorry but it wasn’t; he stumbled across the loophole at the last minute, rightly or wrongly. And even then may have made a pigs ear of it. 

I still find it odd how at the fans forum he was harping on about FFP worries (whilst doing zilch about it) when given the date of the stadium sale it should have actually been dealt with pre the fans forum. 

there’s also loads of cases were stupid spending doesn’t bring success; it’s not a given. Just look at the clubs that have been promoted in recent years - running a club with plans and structure can go a long long way. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

OMG if we win this case some fans are literally going to think this aren’t they? I despair

Already a hero in my eyes. 

He saved our club and gave us not one, but TWO years that were considered fairly decent.

We should appreciate that with everything we've got.

If the club goes out of business now at least we had that very brief period where we weren't considered dog turd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, nickswfc said:

He saved our club and gave us not one, but TWO years that were considered fairly decent.

If the club goes out of business now at least we had that very brief period where we weren't considered dog turd.

TWO YEARS OMG DELETE THE CLUB NOW WHAT A RIDE

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

You make it sound like this was his master plan all along. Sorry but it wasn’t; he stumbled across the loophole at the last minute, rightly or wrongly. And even then may have made a pigs ear of it. 

I still find it odd how at the fans forum he was harping on about FFP worries (whilst doing zilch about it) when given the date of the stadium sale it should have actually been dealt with pre the fans forum. 

there’s also loads of cases were stupid spending doesn’t bring success; it’s not a given. Just look at the clubs that have been promoted in recent years - running a club with plans and structure can go a long long way. 

Have a look at the clubs promoted over recent years.  Do it.  Almost all were in the top 6 biggest spenders.  Huddersfield spent more than us the year they went up.

6 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

I am going to assume you being tongue in cheek.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

DC saved nothing. He came with a business objective of reaching the Premier League and ultimately looks like failing. There are undoubtedly mitigating factors involved but the aftermath of a number of gambles is serious. Sport of any kind is measured on small margins but nearly men are never remembered. You either achieve success or you don't. The middle ground fades into irrelevance.

• Like 5