THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

he did have offers, he has openly said he doesnt like selling players, not sure of your point. The offers werent for peanuts either, again, not sure of your point

The offers were in the most part derisory. I do think he made a mistake not selling FF a couple of seasons ago, but then again the 'offer' was only an enquiry and not the £10m rumoured. 

My point about selling players for peanuts, referenced the pre DC days, when we weren't bankrolled and had to sell the likes of Whelan, Antonio etc for under market value to survive. 

5 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

Well that's good then he could sell it to his son this year to raise another 60 mil

How does he do that then?

Dejphon Chansiri does not technically own the ground. It is a Hong Kong registered company opened by DC. Does Att Chansiri own a company or likely to register a company for this purpose?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Hey, our managers may not have been good appointments, is that because we dont have an owner who knows what hes doing or a board who know what they require in order to achieve the targets they have set the club? Whats the mechanism to appoint a manager, is there a plan to share? Who is responsible for these appointments, the manager himself or someone else? The manager may not work out but they dont appoint themselves. 

Totally accept that Billy and of course chansiri is responsible. I would say he’s got two right and two wrong so far. My original point was that he’s got it wrong with monk and we should get rid. 

23 minutes ago, rafterowl said:

The problem with this site at the moment is that posters are stating opinions or rumours, often based upon nothing much. That is fine, but then others are using these opinions/rumours as fact. As far as I can tell nobody know owt, but you would never guess that reading some of the posts.

I/m happy to disclosethat I know F all, and won't believe anything until it's been offically announced by the EFL or SWFC.

That way, my life doesnt become a massive "blue sky" world, neither do I have to keep the fires of Hades burning my a$$..

Just now, striker said:

The offers were in the most part derisory. I do think he made a mistake not selling FF a couple of seasons ago, but then again the 'offer' was only an enquiry and not the £10m rumoured. 

My point about selling players for peanuts, referenced the pre DC days, when we weren't bankrolled and had to sell the likes of Whelan, Antonio etc for under market value to survive. 

Well enquiries are there to be followed up on and explored. Some of the figures 'rumoured' at the time werent derisory and higher than what we paid for the player.

Simple fact is, the club needs to sell players as our revenue stream isnt enough. Thats why certain people are employed or should be employed to increase that revenue stream when opportunities arise. Not sit there and glibly state that we dont sell.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

My bet on Betfair on us to get relegated is shown now as settled and we aren't listed any longer in the market. Interesting and slightly surprising. 

Still live on Bet365

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

We do need to start looking at player trading as a way to balance our books - so yes, sometimes selling our prized assets is a necessary evil

We were offered £12m for FF in 2017. He's been one of my all time favourite players - but had he been sold for such a huge profit that enabled us to invest in 2 or 3 quality young players, I could have lived with that

Absolutely, I agree. I also think DC is learning and now more willing to do this. 

I spoke briefly to DC at one of the fans forums about the FF offer. I got some cobblers about being a family, his sons favourite player, but he also said hes not stupid and dont believe what is reported. He said we'd had enquiries, but not at the figures quoted and no firm offers.

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Totally accept that Billy and of course chansiri is responsible. I would say he’s got two right and two wrong so far. My original point was that he’s got it wrong with monk and we should get rid. 

May well be the case, IMO he needs longer to show either way.

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I only come on here to read cos' a few people on here know more about this case than me.

I probably could find this information elsewhere on the internet but at least  you can have a laugh on here.

But the verdict is another story.

It's obvious most of the stuff about  the verdict is just a hunch.

It's just the way and timing it's been conducted is doing nothing but creating tension in our supporters.

The timing is atrocious.

What I don’t know or understand is whether the hearing/decision would have normally happened now or is it delayed due to Covid?  i.e after the normal season would have finished already?

• Like 1

Just now, billyblack said:

Well enquiries are there to be followed up on and explored. Some of the figures 'rumoured' at the time werent derisory and higher than what we paid for the player.

Simple fact is, the club needs to sell players as our revenue stream isnt enough. Thats why certain people are employed or should be employed to increase that revenue stream when opportunities arise. Not sit there and glibly state that we dont sell.

I agree and I think DC is learning this lesson. 

But again, have to balance the need of squad at the time and the sincerity of the enquiry. 

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

The timing is atrocious.

What I don’t know or understand is whether the hearing/decision would have normally happened now or is it delayed due to Covid?  i.e after the normal season would have finished already?

Covid should not make a difference , we were charged in Nov, they have had plenty of time and its been done by zoom anyway I believe.

Just now, striker said:

I agree and I think DC is learning this lesson. 

But again, have to balance the need of squad at the time and the sincerity of the enquiry. 

OK, its been 5 years. Hes a bright bloke apparently. I question the gradient of the learning curve.

• Haha 1

The hardest part of all this is if that Chansiri has learned a valuable lesson? Don’t matter which way the verdict goes he has to change the way he operates our club? Football unlike most other businesses? You can throw as much money at it and it still won’t work? Just look at premier league? Clubs spending millions just to stay there? Most clubs that get out of our league get lucky? As in the right manager right time? Wilder with unwashed beilsa with those up m1? Right manager right recruitment unearthed right gems at the right time? Or wolves good manager good agent right players? ( know they just went for it but so did we?) it’s now dc gota get shut of leaches around him and get someone in to properly advise him with the club best interests at heart? But do I think he will? No I don’t unfortunately