THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I get upset by money I have lost in my own business. But the end analysis remains the same. The buck lies with me. Even if other people have wasted money on his behalf, that is down to bad business decision making.

Agree,  what baffles me though is people

seem to have this idea that the owner passes the responsibility for stuff that’s gone wrong ?  Where’s he said these things ? Because I’ve 100% missed them 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I get upset by money I have lost in my own business. But the end analysis remains the same. The buck lies with me. Even if other people have wasted money on his behalf, that is down to bad business decision making.

Yeah, but...but, there`s no exact science to success in football and... and

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ve stated many times that there was a conflict between our recruitment policy and the manager’s team philosophy.

I broadly agree with you but it’s all much easier with hindsight after going very close.

That first paragraph I absolutely agree with. Managers have openly said they aren’t involved in transfers. DC also even said he sold Hunt because the fans wanted to see Palmer and signed Rhodes because some fans asked him too. What a way to run a football club

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

I’d love to see it mate. I wouldn’t make any sense

Bit like your post.

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

That first paragraph I absolutely agree with. Managers have openly said they aren’t involved in transfers. DC also even said he sold Hunt because the fans wanted to see Palmer and signed Rhodes because some fans asked him too. What a way to run a football club

Managers have openly said there’s a transfer committee and that’s how the club works, with input from all sides

11 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Is it possible for Owlstalk to give us a rundown of the best theories so far and let us all vote for our favourite while saying why we love our special one ?

My favourite theory so far is the Jeff Stelling (or was it Doyen?) one whereby we get a point deduction after the season is over due to a conspiracy brought about by the EFL's bad advice cocking things up for us. 

As we all really know nothing about the hearing, or what might happen next for me this theory seems to be the ideal scenario for (almost) everybody really. It answers everybody's prayers, except for the one club that could possibly have stayed up if we had got one more point deducted of course but let's face it, the poorest performing teams going down has been the fair and acknowledged way to relegate teams up to now hasn't it? We have been poor, and have had a squad of mediocre and substandard players mixed in with inexperienced and over experienced, unmotivated, overpaid players, some of whom have had contracts that ran out recently and couldn't be bothered to play out a few games for the obscene wages that they have been paid, leaving us totally decimated, yet we have still outperformed the really poor teams that are still below us and played some entertaining football for the most part, with the players showing a marked improvement on the games played before lock-down.

I do have a few problems with this lovely theory Like, if the EFL wanted us to get as many points as possible, why have they made it more difficult for us by giving us a day less than our opposition to recover for a third of the games that were left to be played, when they had so much time to come up with a fixture list and game dates that would favour us slightly and why are their referees still gifting the opposition the kind of free kicks around our box and in midfield, which we do not get, or booking our players, even young rookie players, for some first foul incidents in games, many of which appear innocuous, or even borderline fouls, while letting off, warning, or just booking the opposition's more experienced and notoriously dirty players with fouls that could easily have seen a red card for? I do not think that the EFL, or their employees have been lenient with us at all.  

Sure:

A - We've won, nowt to worry about

B - We've lost, the EFL are going to deduct just enough points that we get relegated cos they detest us

C - We've lost, the EFL are going to deduct just enough points that we stay up to save face and because they love us

D - We've lost, but it's so late in the day that it goes to next season and is probably 12 points.

E - There is no hearing, one happened in 2018 but is only now being reported as started as per our accounting reporting.

F - The EFL were waiting on the Man City outcome to decide ours, what with our case being more important, we send minor disputes ahead

G - The EFL are looking at how many fans we take to away matches to determine our fate

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Yeah, but...but, there`s no exact science to success in football and... and

Football investment is dodgy, that's blatantly obvious. But that makes it even more important to base decision making on a strong contingency plan. From what I have seen so far, planning is not high on DC's list of talents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

Which managers have said that, CC stated in many occasions he was in charge of recruitment, cant imagine Bruce or his team not being in charge of recruitment either

Monk hasn't really had a chance to do with recruitment, except he has said that Joey was his decision and that Cruz is his type of player

So that leaves Jos, when did he say he wasn't in charge of recruitment?

4 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I’d love to see it mate. I wouldn’t make any sense

Will do some digging but I remember someone pointing out that Huddersfield operated on a big bonuses over basic wages (a bit like United by the looks) and maybe that’s where we’ve gone wrong?

It was an article that basically showed the biggest spenders had the best chance of promotion and we were 6th or 7th from memory that season and Huddersfield were ahead of us.

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Apparently, It was Carlos that wanted him. 

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Football investment is dodgy, that's blatantly obvious. But that makes it even more important to base decision making on a strong contingency plan. From what I have seen so far, planning is not high on DC's list of talents.

Exactly.

"Scatter gun approach" comes to mind

7 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Lies

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Can`t ever remember that.

But what does being in charge of recruitment mean? 

In part, it must surely mean taking the view that signing player A on a wage of X on a y year contract for a transfer fee of z is right. Or that it is wrong but if the wage reduces to 0.75x and y becomes 2 not 3 then it's OK. 

I don't see how a manager whether Monk Bruce Carvalhal or Gray can possibly make those calls. 

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

In part, it must surely mean taking the view that signing player A on a wage of X on a y year contract for a transfer fee of z is right. Or that it is wrong but if the wage reduces to 0.75x and y becomes 2 not 3 then it's OK. 

I don't see how a manager whether Monk Bruce Carvalhal or Gray can possibly make those calls. 

They don’t, that’s why there’s a committee and a chairman who collectively decide , and yeah they sometimes get it wrong like at every football club up and down the country 

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Yes, yes it is!, I`m sure of it!:blink:

Just now, Royal_D said:

They don’t, that’s why there’s a committee and a chairman who collectively decide , and yeah they sometimes get it wrong like at every football club up and down the country 

My personal opinion on the committee was right idea, wrong time. Chansiri would have been well advised to stick with the tried and trsuted formula before trying to reinvent the wheel. He could have spent six months or a year getting to understand football and the risks first. Simply employ a decent manager and CEO to overlook football and business matters in the meantime. This is not hindsight on my behalf. I said the same right at the beginning of DC's time. Change is good in any business but change for change's sake or too much change too quickly is dangerous. 

• Like 1