THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Ferkorf

403 pages in and it still hasn't registered with quite a few people that its not the efl handing out the punishment or non punishment...

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

403 pages in and it still hasn't registered with quite a few people that its not the efl handing out the punishment or non punishment...

From all sides, club included because I do suspect there’s been some heel dragging  ,  it’s an absolute disgrace it’s taken this long 

32 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ve stated many times that there was a conflict between our recruitment policy and the manager’s team philosophy.

I broadly agree with you but it’s all much easier with hindsight after going very close.

There no hindsight we signed Will Buckley 2 season on the trot even though we knew he had a crap injury record, we sign McManaman knowing he had barely played for most of the season, the same can be said the signing of Windass, Wickham, Bates was signed then never played a game. 

Go back a few season Vasso signed by Carlos then never played until the last few games before Carlos left.

in all the time DC has been at the club and processing the transfer probably the first season the loan signing were good most of which became permanent and the signing of Murphy this season, Hector last and Lopez in the play off final season the rest have been very poor.

Point for the club going forward only sign a loan player if they are needed, improve the squad, offer us something that we currently don't have and most importantly are injury free and match fit.

9 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Correct..... 

It's Steve Gibson 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

They also haven't registered that at any point the club could tell us what the Feck is going on, but they won't do that as there is no tickets or merchandise to sell so they don't currently need us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Agree,  what baffles me though is people

seem to have this idea that the owner passes the responsibility for stuff that’s gone wrong ?  Where’s he said these things ? Because I’ve 100% missed them 

Maybe he doesn't personally, but he has enough cheerleaders who do their best to convince us all that the blame lies elsewhere.

"It's the players" - it is hard to disagree that they share the blame.

"It's the manager" - as above but who appointed him?

"It's the EFL" -well no, they are just enforcing the rules that every club signs up to.

"It's FFP/P&S" - well again no, other clubs manage to work within them quite successfully.

As I have said before, it starts at the top and rolls downhill. If DC appreciates that and takes responsibility to fix it, then fine. I just fail to understand how anyone can keep defending his actions though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There no hindsight we signed Will Buckley 2 season on the trot even though we knew he had a crap injury record, we sign McManaman knowing he had barely played for most of the season, the same can be said the signing of Windass, Wickham, Bates was signed then never played a game. 

Go back a few season Vasso signed by Carlos then never played until the last few games before Carlos left.

in all the time DC has been at the club and processing the transfer probably the first season the loan signing were good most of which became permanent and the signing of Murphy this season, Hector last and Lopez in the play off final season the rest have been very poor.

Point for the club going forward only sign a loan player if they are needed, improve the squad, offer us something that we currently don't have and most importantly are injury free and match fit.

Carlos’ whole philosophy was “the chosen ones” if you do a bit of research.

Injuries were “mind over matter”. There was essentially a 2nd 11 who were signed but hardly ever played.

The chosen ones trained and played when (and where eg FF) they wanted.  The identified squad reinforcements only ever came in when it was urgent.

I’m not going to criticise him too much, it nearly came off but it has left us a terrible legacy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

That first paragraph I absolutely agree with. Managers have openly said they aren’t involved in transfers. DC also even said he sold Hunt because the fans wanted to see Palmer and signed Rhodes because some fans asked him too. What a way to run a football club

Utterbollox!

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I should also add it’s not him who signs the players but he does pay for them.

Not all signings come off but he’s had bad advice and we have attracted some proper shitbags.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They also haven't registered that at any point the club could tell us what the Feck is going on, but they won't do that as there is no tickets or merchandise to sell so they don't currently need us.

SWFC: We are still waiting for the disciplinary panel to deliver its verdict.

Owlstalk: The chairman is lying he knows the verdict he's just hiding it from the fans.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Sure:

A - We've won, nowt to worry about

B - We've lost, the EFL are going to deduct just enough points that we get relegated cos they detest us

C - We've lost, the EFL are going to deduct just enough points that we stay up to save face and because they love us

D - We've lost, but it's so late in the day that it goes to next season and is probably 12 points.

E - There is no hearing, one happened in 2018 but is only now being reported as started as per our accounting reporting.

F - The EFL were waiting on the Man City outcome to decide ours, what with our case being more important, we send minor disputes ahead

G - The EFL are looking at how many fans we take to away matches to determine our fate

+

H We 'won' and the EFL chased down the road by the relegated clubs appeal making the whole close season a reyt fret 

I   We get docked a low points total and the EFL appeal see above 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Maybe he doesn't personally, but he has enough cheerleaders who do their best to convince us all that the blame lies elsewhere.

"It's the players" - it is hard to disagree that they share the blame.

"It's the manager" - as above but who appointed him?

"It's the EFL" -well no, they are just enforcing the rules that every club signs up to.

"It's FFP/P&S" - well again no, other clubs manage to work within them quite successfully.

As I have said before, it starts at the top and rolls downhill. If DC appreciates that and takes responsibility to fix it, then fine. I just fail to understand how anyone can keep defending his actions though.

Enough cheerleaders !!? Come on don’t talk absolute shi5te eh ?    What is it with this forum if you post something that isn’t immediately negative towards the owner your straight away his step son or frigging PA ? 

The chairman has taken full responsibility in regards FFP 

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I should also add it’s not him who signs the players but he does pay for them.

Not all signings come off but he’s had bad advice and we have attracted some proper shitbags.

I just think the excuse of bad advise last a year maybe but if you are in business and one supplier keeps giving you dodgy equipment you don't use him and go elsewhere.

DC  has been using the same excuse for 5 years. 

The first season when in 3 month Glenn Roeder built us a play off final team mixed with good free agents already at the club. Once Roeder was got rid of the recruitment since then has been a complete shambles.  Bruce came in brought in Iorfa for a decent fee and focused on the free agents and loan market.  

For me when we have a good manager or good people in the recruitment is better, if we leave it to DC and a bad manager we are basically throughing mud at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Which goes to show how crap our commercial arm is. Where are the 2020 EFL Hearing shirts*?

*available 2021

• Haha 1